Monday

Sometimes you can’t see the garden for the flowers


Hello and welcome to the Power Poppy Inspire Me Monday from Rhea.  It’s true that sometimes your eye fixates on just one object when there is so much beauty than surrounds it. The same is true when you are in the Power Poppy store! When I am looking at all those yummy flowers I see each one individually. Then I remember that when working with digi stamps, there are no limits! Just because I love love the Gerbera Daisies and the Winter Pick-Me-Up and they are individual images doesn't mean I can’t put them together to create a beautiful garden!




The images needed to be turned into a .png file so the background was transparent. They come to us in .jpg format. Being a .png allows me to layer them and position them front to back. All I use is Photoshop. I do not delete anything or alter Marcella’s art in any way. It is as simple as moving things around until you like what you see. You can “flip” an image which I did with the Winter Pick-Me-Up on the far right side. To do that in Photoshop, all you have to do is click on “Image” and then “Rotate” and click on “Flip Horizontal.” You don’t want everything looking too chimerical or it appears unnatural. I also like odd numbers.  

Now, I always like to share my color palettes! This way you can purchase the Gerbera Daisies, and the Winter Pick-Me-Up and use the same colors if you like.


Thanks for your time today!  I will be back Monday, August 3rd for another inspirational post.

~xo Rhea

4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Rhea, you are amazing, and your coloring is out of this world! I love how you've created a "garden" with these beautiful flowers by Marcy and how wonderfully you've grouped them. I need to be more brave! Thanks for a great tutorial (and nudge), and I look forward to next month's inspirational post! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Love this card!! Totally awesome! Love the creativity how you used the two images together and placed them, really very clever. This is an excellent tutorial to "think outside the box." I never seem to be creative enough to do that, but I try. Your inspiration is very much appreciated. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and talent with us. Joleen

Karen W said...

Oh my this is amazing, wish you sell this one just like it is for those of us that couldn't get the digitals to work for us using the program. I would love to download this and color it.

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely way to combine the two sets, and pretty coloring too!