Thursday

Partnership in Healing and Hope

Today kicks off not only National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, but it’s an important day at Power Poppy and we wanted to share a very special partnership. 

Today marks the launch of Splitcoaststampers.com’s Hope You Can Cling To Campaign. Words can’t explain just how much this cardmaking, spirit lifting, virtual hugging, inspiration building event means to me. It’s because of this woman…


My sweet mom, Susan Smith, whose love, inspiration, and all-around awesomeness I have mentioned many times on the blog, newsletter, and any chance I can get a word in edgewise, is currently undergoing intensive treatment for metastatic breast cancer. After nearly 3-1/2 years after her initial treatment, she found out that the cancer was back in her brain and her lungs. My dear friends, we have asked for prayers and positive thoughts, and so many people have sent them, and we are SO GRATEFUL!! We feel encouraged that the chemo and radiation are working, and although this is the toughest ordeal we’ve ever faced, remain hopeful that my mom will return to full health. A quote I love: “I am realistic. I believe in miracles!” ~Wayne Dyer

When SCS asked if Power Poppy would like to be a partner for their Hope You Can Cling To campaign, it took me 0 seconds to say YES. What this campaign does is provide an entire month of cardmaking challenges to inspire us, the cardmaking community, to create and inspire with the simple hope of lifting up those currently in the fight of their lives. Once you create a card, please donate it to the cause. All cards will be sent to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to deliver a little hope and sunshine to a woman in the midst of cancer treatment and care. As SCS says so eloquently: Hope is powerful medicine. Let’s deliver some!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-f299/

As a Silver Sponsor to this event, Power Poppy will be proudly giving away four $50 gift certificates to the Power Poppy Shop. How can you be in the running to win? All you need to do is participate in one of the dozens of cardmaking challenges offered all month long! Just that simple. The event kicks off today and runs through the 31st of October, so you have plenty of time to create and inspire! Of course, stay tuned here to the Power Poppy Blog because our Bloom Brigade will be sharing their HYCCT designs during the month too!

Blessings, sweet Stamping Friends! And thank you so much for your support of this wonderful campaign!

16 comments:

Cheryl O said...

Your mother will be in my prayers.........

Marcella Hawley said...

Thank you so much, Cheryl! <3

CherylQuilts said...

Continuing to pray for you and your beautiful mom, Susan! You are both so precious, and I'm excited to hear that Power Poppy is participating in a big way. Big hugs and love!!

Misti said...

Continued prayers for you & your mom. Love the quote by Wayne Dyer! And I am over the moon excited that Power Poppy is sponsoring a HYCCT prize. I get to hostess this year & I think that Oct is my fav month of the year!!!

Janet M said...

Prayers and definitely miracles happen.

Dawn@Petals.Paper.SimpleThymes said...

Keeping you and your amazing mom in my prayers, Marcella! ♡ Hoping our cards will encourage so many people!

Marcella Hawley said...

Thank you, Cheryl. We are soaking up your support and love!!

Marcella Hawley said...

Oh, Misti, that is very exciting, I can't wait to see what you create! xoxo Thank you so much for your prayers!

Marcella Hawley said...

They DO!! Thank you, Janet! :)

Marcella Hawley said...

I know that they will, Dawn! Thank you for your prayers and nice words!! :)

Unknown said...

You can tell how close you are from the picture. Sending prayers your way. Thank you for sharing.

Rosy Newlun said...

Prayers for your mother and all of you. I believe in the power of prayer and I'm a nurse. Anything is possible. Big hugs to you and your mom!!!

Dawn B. said...

Praying for your mom Marcy. I know you are surrounded by prayer warriors. Know that you are in my thoughts and I am sending you a big ole hug.

Marcella Hawley said...

Thank you so much, sweet Dawn. I appreciate the note and the big ole hug!! Miss you darlin.

Marcella Hawley said...

Rosy, thank you for the very encouraging comment. Soaking up the hugs, and thank you for your prayers, too! xo

Marcella Hawley said...

What a kind thing to say. Thank you so much, Julie, we appreciate your prayers!! xo