Friday

We're dreaming of a Pink Christmas!

Hello all, and welcome to a whole new month of excitement here on the Power Poppy blog. With the arrival of November comes a whole new Power & Spark challenge, new digital stamps (Get ready — one is coming at you on Saturday) among so many other fun things to share! Also, stay tuned because if you played along with us for the Power & Spark challenge for October, you might be this month's winner of a free stamp set -- WOO HOO! 

If you are looking for design power to ignite that creative spark, check it out peeps!


HOW TO PLAY: This month, we’re not dreaming of a white Christmas, we are positively pink! Tosha Leyendekker is our hostess with the mostess and here’s what she has to say about this little challenge she’s ushering in for all of us:
“I love vintage, so I often think of white and pink for Christmas décor. I thought it would be fun to feature pink on a Christmas Card. So, for this month’s challenge, let’s THINK PINK and make it a Pink Christmas.”

THE OFFICIAL RULES:
  • Use Power Poppy stamps for this challenge if you have them. If not, it’s a great chance for you to WIN some! 
  • Link your creation below using our Linky (please use the exact URL from your post instead of a generic blog address.)
  • Please mention Power Poppy in YOUR blog or gallery post with a link back to THIS challenge
  • The winner will receive a free clear or digital stamp set of choice from the Power Poppy Shop
  • Enter as many cards as you’d like, as long as they fit the theme of the challenge! 
  • Deadline to enter is November 30 @ 8:00pm EST. At that point, we’ll draw the winner randomly and make the announcement right here on the first Friday of December!

And for that bit of inspiration to get you on your crafty way, check out how Tosh put her challenge in play! Just look at all that sparkle, will you? And those die cut accents that make her whole card grab your attention! I personally love how she took a very traditional image from the Holly Golightly stamp set, turned it on its head colorwise and fashioned this striking display for the holidays! You can visit Tosha's blog (see link below) to read up on how she created this wonder!



Did you play along with us this past month for October’s Make It Move Challenge with Ally Cope? The entries were INCREDIBLE. Such creativity across the board! Well, cross your fingers now because Random.org threw all the entries into a big virtual hat and this is the number it pulled....


Which means the winner is.......

* LOUISE from JemLou Productions! *

This card is fun on so many levels. For starters, Louise created a wreath using greenery from Power Poppy’s digi stamp, Glittering Glass Santa (how clever!) and a vignette from the clear stamp Bottlebrush Holiday as the base for her shaker card. The second fun fact was that she was inspired by our friend Kathy Racoosin's Inspire Me Monday post HERE to create the card this way. Well, we are super fans of Kathy, so that's a cool little tidbit. And third, just check out Louise’s coloring and design!


Thanks, Louise for playing along! To claim your prize, all you need to do is shoot us an email at bloom@powerpoppy.com and let us know what clear or digital stamp set you would like us to send your way!

Now it is time to turn things over to our colorful cast of creative characters also known as the Bloom Brigade so they can show you some of the crafty fun they’ve been stirring up this week!


Thanks for stopping by and seeing what we were up to today. Like I mentioned at the beginning of this post, be sure to check back here tomorrow for another addition to our Power Poppy Instant Garden! This set is cute, quirky with just the right dash of whimsy to share a little of the holiday spirit with others! PLUS, coming up Monday, another edition of Inspire Me Monday to kick off your creative week with the talented Colorista Jessie Banks! Hope to see you all back here soon!

~Julie



26 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello: I was totally surprised this morning to find out that the November Power and Spark challenge here at Power Poppy was called "Think Pink" because I was just about to publish my post for THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, in which I'm a member of the Design Team and could't be more thrilled to link my Poinsettia card to the Power and Spark challenge.
I hope you fabulous ladies go on and check this challenge and also hope you give it a try. I don't want to appear pushy or anything like that but, this challenge is brand new, today's is the second post and all of us on the Design Team are super excited by the huge response for our first challenge.
Thank you for this awesome Power and Spark challenge Tosha, I'm going to spread the word about it!!!
Big hugs to all of you!!
Maria Rodriguez.

Unknown said...

Pretty pink card, Tosha....FAB Challenge! Congratulations Jemlou love that shaker wreath card!

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, what a fabulous new challenge, and the Bloomies were all outstanding! And a big congratulations to JemLou for winning last month's challenge! Woohoo! Hugs, all! xoxo

Berina RGA said...

Congrats to Louise!! Beautiful card!! Love this new challenge!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Ann said...

Beautiful card Tosha. I am a big fan of vintage. And love the inspiration picture.

LOU said...

Wow, no way! I can't believe that I won! Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments!
I am totally in love with Power Poppy Stamps, I pretty much have all the digital stamps, so it will be fantastic to add another clear stamp set to my collection. Although I have some of the new clear stamp sets on their way to Australia already! I can't wait to use them! :)
I was just looking at the Winter Cardmaker magazine and came across the beautiful Joy card and tag made by the very talented Christine. I can't wait to try that!
Off to work out my card for the new challenge!
Lou

Gloria Stengel said...

I love the challenge! And the examples! However, my pink project won't go live until Sunday, and I am going out of town for Copic Boot Camp tomorrow. Rats. I will link up when I get back. However, I have TWO, count 'em TWO Power Poppy projects on my blog today! One with Feeling Fall (http://gloriascraps.blogspot.com/2016/11/give-thanks-home-decor-panel.html) and one with Bough Wow Wow (http://gloriascraps.blogspot.com/2016/11/celebrate-season-with-cutcardstock.html). I love Power Poppy!

Camille Short said...

Tesha's card is adorable. I love the Holly Golightly collection. This stamp is ideal for Christmas cards.

aussie aNNie said...

I can't seem to find the link up for this challenge...anyone direct me....please...

Marcella Hawley said...

Hi Annie! The Link Up is at the very end of this post — it may take a few moments to load in your web browser, but it should be there... do you see a headline and thumbnails just below Julie's signature? ~m

Annie Rose said...

Thanks so much for the fun PINK CHRISTMAS challenge! :)

Essie said...

Since I don't celebrate Christmas my upcoming pink holiday is my aunt's 95th birthday! This power poppy cake digi is my go-to for birthday cards! Marcella, I have a little suggestions--how about a power poppy flickr group? (I'm too lame to do figure out instagram, my blog is only every half-started, and flickr just seems to be easy enough for anyone--even me :) LOVE power poppy!

LOU said...

The linky does not seem to be working for me....it just links back to the blog. Any ideas?
Lou

Marcella Hawley said...

Lou, I’m sorry for the difficulties — we have another customer having similar trouble and I am looking in to it. Be back with more info as I learn it. xo

Vikki said...

Hi Marcella, both myself and my friend can't access the linky either...it says:
This InLinkz widget is not allowed in this website. You can still view the linkup here
But when you click the 'here' it takes you back to the same spot. Vikki

aussie aNNie said...

I have PM Marcella as it links no where and says "This InLinkz widget is not allowed in this website. You can still view the linkup here" seems some can get in and some can't. I finally got in then accidentally got out before I could post my card and now can't get in again....19th Nov...x

aussie aNNie said...

Same here Vikki, keep trying as I finally got in then accidentally went out before I could post... now trying again....the Dt will eventually work it out for us.xx

aussie aNNie said...

I finally got in again posted my card, tried again then the same problem...Blogger has been playing up on my blog so maybe it's definitely a blogger thing...keep trying ladies...

aussie aNNie said...

I forgot to mention that sometimes you would see the link up but it quickly went away and that message came up...just a thought...

Marcella Hawley said...

I have a support ticket in with InLinkz. For now, if you would kindly post the link to your card in the comments section here, (Post a new comment, please) — we will be sure to include your entry!

Marcella Hawley said...

I have a support ticket in with InLinkz. For now, if you would kindly post the link to your card in the comments section here, (Post a new comment, please) — we will be sure to include your entry!

Holly said...

Well........ I colored a card with the Power Poppy sunflowers, and some of them ARE pink. But it's not a Christmas card..... so I'm not sure I should link it up here...

Marcella Hawley said...

Hi Holly! I think we're trying to keep it "holiday" themed... though I would love to see your pink Sunflowers!

LOU said...

Hi Marcella and the Bloom Brigade,
here is a link to my blog post about my card: http://jemlouproductions.blogspot.com/2016/11/poinsettias-or-snow-is-falling-winter.html.
Thanks,
Lou

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Marcella, sorry there is trouble with the link - I hope we get to see all the 'pink' cards when it's fixed. I love playing along with Power & Spark and finally today I finished my card....here is the link and thanks heaps for hosting the challenge. http://waterlilycardsbyrobyn.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/we-wish-you-merry-christmas_28.html

Lynne in NI said...

Hope I'm not too late to play along, here's my pink Christmas:
https://rubydoobydoocrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/december-calendar.html