Tuesday

Sunny Fun for Hues to Use!


Hello Friends! Are you ready for a tantalizing color combo designed to help you spark a little card making, creative fun? Well, I have a trio today that has a taste of fall. I know. I know. Many of us are not even close to ready to say the word let alone think about an end to summer but Marcella's IG photo was too hysterical not to take center stage in a Hues to Use. Check it out peeps!



You might look above and say.. "Huh?" But imagine Marcy's perfect timing to snap this shot at a stop light. This was her hysterical reaction.... 

  • "marcellahawleyKind of startling to be next to this bus ad at a stoplight. 🚥🦉"

Now, if that doesn't give you the giggles, I am not quite sure what will! ;-) Being that this palette is perfect for fall, I just had to grab Power Poppy's In Praise of Sunflowers for this week's little color combo! Perfect subject, don't you think?


This card is rather simple after you get the coloring wrapped! I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then grabbed all the rustic yellow shades of Copic that I could find. Think Y21, Y35, Y38, YR04, blended with Y00. The centers of the flowers were colored with E40, E42 and E44 as was the vase. I found this really matched the krafty brown shades perfectly! The greenery was done by reaching for some add color combos. Y03, G20 and YG67 and a little YG11 mixed in. Not sure why I grabbed those but I think it works! ;-) The shading below the vase was done with BV0000 and BV00. Add a little white gel pen and... ta da! It's a wrap! 




The matting was a breeze, I embossed some kraft card stock, found some bits of yellow decorative paper for the little sentiment flag. Added a little twine strung wooden button and... that is pretty much it! I am not sure if you go through card desiging "phases" but mine is definitely moving more toward simple card layouts. I find I enjoy the coloring part of card making so much that I really just want that to be the focus when I get around to making it up into a card! 

So, do you want to help bring this creepy owl to card making fame by using this week's Hues to Use? Simply use this color combo as inspiration for your card or creation and then link up your project below so we can all "Ooooo" and "Ahhhh!" over your card making skills! Who knows, your card might land you in the spotlight in a future "episode" of Hues. That's right. We are selecting guests hostesses based on those who play along! What fun, right?

We can't wait to see what you whip up!
~Julie 




3 comments:

Berina RGA said...

Ooh this is so pretty!! I have an idea of what I will be creating ;)

Lisa said...

Love love love these colors!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, what a fun and perfect Hues to Use this week, Julie, and I LOVE your card! Beautiful colors, and I love the greens you've used. Sometimes it's weird what colors work...but this is beautifully colored! Yes, I giggled when I read Marcy's comment...haha! No, I wouldn't want to be standing there! LOL! Thanks for sharing this great card using this week's Hues to Use, and I look forward to seeing next week's guest designer! Hugs!