Sunday

Holiday Day 7: Tweet Tidings

Yikes, we’re already on Day 7 of previews, how did that happen?? Happiest Holiday 2017 is rolling right along, chirping a merry tune, and ready to show you today’s clear stamp set..

So... more than a few little birdies have told me that our Chickadee in Barberry digital design should come out as a clear stamp. What a wonderful idea! This rather simple and lovely image is one you don’t have to spend hours working with to get an elegant holiday or wintertime card. As I reworked the bird/branch image to bring him out in clear, our Bloomie Allison Cope suggested that we add a little “friend” to the set. Marvelous suggestion, dear Ally.

What happens when two little birdies hang out in the Barberry bushes?


I aimed to find out the answer to this daunting and highly serious question! Do I add a birdie to the same branch as the original design? Are they sweethearts or friends? Do I have the second chickadee just sitting on the ground? Is he flying by with a holiday Hi? What would be the best way to draw a bird that could hold his own, and yet also integrate with the other chickadee, to be usable in multiple configurations? 

Tweet Tidings is what I came up with, and I am very pleased with the results, hope you are too!


Check out the little Chickadee buddies — they are separate stamps that can be used together or on their own. In Tweet Tidings, we’ve added a plethora of new sentiments to this set that are some of my favorites of any I’ve offered, with that hand-wrought look that we love (not by my hand, but by another talented typographer). Several of the sentiments were provided by Miss Ally Cope—she is so brilliant and clever!—with themes that can be used all year long. Music notes help add to the whimsy and can be used with our other bird-themed sets like Heaven and Nature Sing.

You must spend a few moments with the new cards by these sweet Bloomies featuring Tweet Tidings:


To see a BROAD RANGE of highly creative cards made by the Instant Gardeners and Bloom Brigade designers using the main large image from Chickadee in Barberry, be sure to visit THIS PAGE.

See you back here on Monday for our very last stamp set of the new collection... warning, it’s a really good one. As in, OMGeeeeeeee!!!

8 comments:

Tinstar said...

What a beautiful stamp set, it makes me wish for a white Christmas.

Berina RGA said...

This is so cute Marcella!! I love those 2 chickadees!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh my, each day the stamp sets just get better and better! LOVE these adorable little chickadees!

CherylQuilts said...

What an adorable stamp set, and I LOVED the Bloomies' cards! That single chickadee is darling!! Sweetness, and what great inspiration, Marcy! One more day...oh my! Such a fabulous release!! Hugs!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

You have made me SO HAPPY! I have simply adored that darling little bird ever since it's debut but I am not a digi girl. Now I can get it on a stamp. So so happy. Cheers.

Lisa said...

I'm so in love with this set! The Chickadee digital set is one of my favorites so to get this in clear form is awesome, I love having both formats available to play with!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I love these sweet birdies. They are my favorite sneak peek so far!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

These sweet little birds are just irresistible !