Tuesday

Hues in Blues!

Hello all and welcome to a color-infused Tuesday, designed to help you spin the color wheel and create with a color combo that you just might not choose yourself! It's time for another fun-filled edition of....


Will you look at those steely blue hues? If you missed this little shot on Marcella's Instagram, there is a super duper fun story behind this photo. She and her friend, Trenna, decided to make candy agates over the holiday season and this is one in progress! Once baked, THIS is how they turned out -- little color infused candy slices that could be edible or could be spray sealed to enjoy as ornaments for seasons to come! You can click HERE, HERE and HERE for more progress photos! Marcy decided to seal some to treasure down the road so she painted the edges but you can choose non-toxic edging that makes these little numbers as delicious as they are eye-catching!

HOW TO PLAY ALONG WITH US: To play along with us is simple -- use these three colors -- navy, sky blue and silver or gray -- as inspiration for your card or creation and then, when you're done, link up your creation using our linky below! Easy peasy!

So, with that inspiration at the heart of this week's hues... here's my creation!


I have to admit, when I sat down to create, this was not what I anticipated or saw with my mind's eye, but, I do like it! I used all of the colors but did so in a very soft way. The navy is in the ink that was chosen when I printed out my Tree Peony digital stamp. And then used as well in my Copic markers that I picked to add a little color here and there. Here's a peek at the markers that I used. As you can see... not many!


After I colored up my Tree Peony, I did use the sentiment from the Peony Muse clear stamp set and using Versamark ink and silver detail embossing powder, I added the sentiment on a punched heart shape. Add a little silver cording and that's pretty much it for this card other than the double mat in silver and light blue papers! Actually, I forgot a step! I did lay down a stencil and using Summer Sky Memento Ink, I sponged on some ink through aTim Holtz dotted stencil. I love the depth it added without being over the top! 

Here's a closeup for you! 


And that, my friends, is it! Now it's your turn to take these colors, shake them up and use them in new and creative ways. After you're done, don't forget to link up your creation below and let us all see your take on this color combo challenge!

And remember.... if you would like to be a guest hostess and share the weekly Hues, all you need to do is play along with us. We grab all of our guests right from the weekly link lists! So get those fingers inky and let’s see how you put these Hues to good use! Until next week!
~Julie




10 comments:

Berina RGA said...

These colors are stunning! I love it! Beautiful card Julie!

Esther Asbury said...

Love the color palette and that gorgeous card. The heart shaped sentiment is perfect!

Kim said...

The colors are beautiful!

jeanchaneyaz said...

Gorgeous in blues!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Simply stunning!

Essie said...

Oh Julie--I've been in a totally blue mood (just colors, not moody), and this is AMAZING!! Sigh. Gorgeous. Wow.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

These colors are beautiful !
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

ChristineCreations said...

Jules this is a beauty!

Katie Sims said...

Love this, Julie!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, this is gorgeous, and I LOVE how you've used the colors and stenciled it! WOW! You truly made an exquisite card with these hues! Love it all!! Hugs!