Monday

Inspire Me Monday - Magnolia Sunshine with Jessie Banks

PP_Blog_InspireMeMonday_Badge_JessieBanks.png

Hey everyone! I am finally back on my floral game! I have truly missed painting up flowers. So for today's card I cropped and printed off Power Poppy's Magnolia Sunshine Digital image on some Fabriano Artistico 140lbs hotpress watercolor paper.

Power Poppy - Magnolia Sunshine - Jessie Banks

I bought these Jane Davenport watercolours, because the tins were so cute and got around to finally trying the paint! You don't need to have the worlds priciest paint to create beautiful bright vivid floral cards! Just look at how those colours work together, I was, overall, impressed with these paints.

I didn't think I was going to have time to get a video of this one together for you all, but I stayed up a little late and got it done, I love filming watercolour and getting to see it all come together again as I edit the video! I hope you enjoy.


Thanks for stopping by, Hugz, Jessie

9 comments:

Berina RGA said...

Such a beautiful card. I love your coloring! So so pretty.

ChristineCreations said...

Jessie - this is SUCH a pretty colour combination! Really creative!

Debby said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for showing your process of water coloring. I have been doing it all wrong. Water color paper won't go in my printer. Can you recommend a thin one?

Zsnail said...

Look for 90 lb watercolor paper it is cardstock thickness.

Elena C said...

This is my first time watching one of your videos!!! I am so happy I found you!!!
I found that I have never done wet on wet. I always tend to start coloring and then add the water. I will certainly make a note to put water on first. I have a question...the ink off my computer runs. Do you do something that keeps it from leaking into the image? LOVE YOUR COLORING!!!

Jessie said...

I have a laser printer. But I also print in draft mode. So that it pits less toner down, which would also work on inkjet. Also try heatsetting it.

Jessie said...

I have stuck 300lbs watercolour paper through my printer. I do not reccomend that but it didn't wreck mine.

The comment above is correct there is a 90lbs watercolour paper. Just make sure you tape it to a board when you go to paint to minimize the warping

Sweet Bramble said...

I am enjoying your coloring. I have a question about printing the digital images. I know that a laser printer works best, but what one do you use? They don't all take heavy paper, like watercolor cardstock, or even 90lb card. I have had no luck with inkjet and watercolor. Thank you!

CherylQuilts said...

Jessie, what a beautiful card and great video! Always love hearing your voice and listening to what you say about coloring and sharing your thoughts about paper and paints. Thanks and hugs!