Tuesday

Hues to Use -- Budding with Spring Beauty!

Hello all and happiest of Tuesdays to you! Are you ready for a spring-infused color combo that's just dying to be used next time you create? Well, ready or not, here it comes! It's Hues to Use day! And this next inspiration photo is about as pretty and sweet as they come! 


This image was freshly picked from Marcella's Instagram. When I saw it, I gasped -- there's so much beauty in a little snapshot! So much! Look at those freshly picked hellebores, some of her mom's treasured transferware, and did you see the "find" that Marcy encountered when she reached high to get one of those little cups down? OH MY GOSH -- YEEESSSS! Tiny little eggshells, just looking as beautiful as can be!

HOW TO PLAY: Playing along with us for Hues to Use is easy as 1-2-3 -- use all three colors in your card or creation and then make sure to share a direct link to your creation so we can all see! I know you won't be able to help yourself. You're going to HAVE to join us this week! ;-)

When I reached for a digital image to color up, I just had to print off the newest member of the Instant Garden -- Cup of Columbine. It had the flowers, the teacup AND the little egg! It was made for this color combo!


So, I started with the no-line version of this image and did a little "digital surgery" to the image. If you want to see exactly how I did it, all you need to do is visit THIS post for step by step instructions!

Then, I grabbed my Copic markers -- a whole fistful, literally -- and went to town coloring. These were the ones I used!


After I was done coloring up the individual portions, I did go back and add some depth with an Indigo Blue, Dahlia Purple and Chartreuse Prismacolor pencil -- just to get into those little nooks and crannies that are hard for that brush-tip of the Copic marker to reach. I also accented the centers of the flowers with a little white gel pen.

And here's a closeup for y'all!


Now that you see my closeup -- can you spot my MAJOR boo-boo? Well, as I was coloring, I accidentally colored petals from the columbine in front as leaves. UGH! I was so far in the process of coloring that I just decided to "own it" and roll with it! LOL! So, it's not natually accurate but... oh well! Life happens, right?

And that, my friends, is it! I loved coloring up this image and now have one to set aside for any kind of occasion that comes my way, since I left the inside blank for now.

So, are you going to get those fingers inky and play along with me? I sure hope so! When you do, just link up your creation below! Like we always share, our guest designers are all chosen from our weekly link list, so we would REALLY love to see what you've got up your creative sleeve! It could have you playing with some digital stamp set freebies followed by some time in the Power Poppy Spotlight! Can't wait to see who our next designer will be! We will have a new round of guests coming up in the next few weeks so, stay tuned!

Thanks for popping in and we'll be back with more inspiration.... SOON!

~Julie 




4 comments:

Berina RGA said...

Such a gorgeous card Julie!! I love your coloring. Regarding your boo-boo, I've done similar mistakes a lot ;)

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, this is GORGEOUS! I love the beautiful colors of your flowers, and the leaves are stunning! What a sweet tea cup and beautiful tea cloth, and I love how you've added the darling robin's egg! Gorgeous layout and DP! Hugs! xoxo

Julie Koerber said...

Well, I am glad that I am in good company! LOL!

Julie Koerber said...

Thanks Ms. Cheryl! :-)