Tuesday

Hues to Use: Melting Winter!


Hello my sweet peeps! It's Tuesday, which means that yours truly is popping into the Power Poppy Blog to share a little color-infused fun to help keep those creative juices flowing as we move through the week. This week's inspirational photo has a fun vibe to it because it shows a melting of winter into spring. Take a gander, will you please?


Check out this showy and fragrant Koreanspice viburnum. Marcy snapped this pic around this time last year meaning.......spring is really close people! It. Is. CLOSE! At least that is what I am telling myself as I glance out the window and still see larger than life snow mounds here in the snowy north. Moving on....

HOW TO PLAY: Playing along with us for Hues to Use is easy as 1-2-3 -- use all three colors in your card or creation and then, lickity split, upload your direct link to our linky below so that we can all see and OOOoooo and Ahhhhhh and your marvelous creativity! Doesn't that sound like so much fun??

If you need a little bit of inspiration before you get crack-a-lacking on this challenge, I am prepped to show you what I whipped up using this trio of colors!


As you can see, the layout on this one is super duper easy. I took two green patterned papers and then on the solid piece, I added some texture thanks to my Scor-Pal and a little sanding block. Add some twine and a gold button and that's pretty much it! I did, as you can see, cut my main image with an oval die cut. I thought since this image was so large, it needed something but I was limited in the shapes I could use since, like I said, the image was so large!

What image did I use? Well, I had some digital fun with the Cherries & Berries digital stamp set. I moved the arch of the raspberries twice to create a digital frame around the digital stamp sentiment from the set. To color my berries, I used a mix of light red and hot pink shades. I realize mine is a wee bit more vibrant than the dusty rose in the photo but... it's close! ;-) I used Spica Glitter Pens on the sentiment and added some pizazz thanks to a white gel pen.




And that, my friends, is it! You can't see really in this photo but the pinkish ivory was used to highlight around my image. Those light colors can be tough to photograph at times -- but that color is there -- I promise!

So, are you going to get those fingers inky and play along with me? I sure hope so! When you do, just link up your creation below! Like we always share, our guest designers are all chosen from our weekly link list, so we would REALLY love to see what you've got up your creative sleeve! It could have you playing with some digital stamp set freebies followed by some time in the Power Poppy Spotlight! YIPPPEEEEE! Can't wait to see who our next designer will be! We will have a new round of guests coming up in the next few weeks so, stay tuned!

Thanks so much for popping in this week and seeing the latest color cues with Hues to Use! 

We'll be back with more inspiration.... SOON! 
~Julie 

5 comments:

Berina RGA said...

Such beautiful colors Julie!! I love your card. Beautiful berries.

Barbara said...

Very tempting colors and I love your card!

Camille Short said...

I'm loving your berries - great job!

Lisa said...

Beautiful card, Julie!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, what a gorgeous card! You've used these colors so beautifully, and I really love the sweet DP and button with the twine! Just the sweetest card for someone sweet! Hugs!