Tuesday

Racy Little Hues to Use!

Hello Power Poppy fans! Sorry, this post is a bit late going up. I was following my darling daughter all over the state for a holiday weekend of softball and rolled into town late last night. I was glad we rolled into town late because that meant she made it to the championship game, which is always a plus! On the downside, we had a major storm while we were gone and for some reason, my internet is slower than molasses. So, yet another wrinkle in getting this post up! Thanks for your patience peeps!

Are you ready for this week's color-infused challenge to take a trio of hues and put them to use? Well, ready or not, here's this week's color combo! :-)



This little photo above was snapped by Ms. Marce on a trip last year to Savannah to check out, as she calls them, "lots of juicy little two strokes!" Love that girl, honestly! And, we loved just how peppy these colors were and thought, why now? Why not put a nifty little moto in the spotlight for cardmakers from far and wide?

HOW TO PLAY: Just as easy as one-two-three! Use all three colors highlighted above when you craft or create. Snap a picture of your handiwork and then share here on the linky below for all to see!

And guess what sweet peeps? We have the honor and privilege of having yet another fantastic guest designer joining us this week to share her talents with all of us! So, without further ado, let's meet her and learn a little more about her! Just in case you wondered why our fine and fabulous designer is holding a heart-shaped potato, well, she snapped this pic to show a friend who decided to gift her with this unique find! Too sweet, just too sweet!


Hi! I'm Beverly. I was born and raised in Missouri and I love to travel. I've been married to my love for 37 years, am mom to three daughters, and "Mimi" to two grandsons. I am a lover of all things crafty and I love being in the pool. I am a two-time heart transplant recipient and believe everyone should be someone's hero and donate life. I've participated in the www.transplantgamesofamerica.org and later this summer will be competing in my 8th games in Salt Lake City Utah, swimming, naturally! The games are for transplant recipients and our heroes, living donors and donor families.

BEVERLY'S CREATION




I'm a traditional stamper and this is my first try at coloring a digital stamp, Everything's Rosy. My favorite coloring medium is Copic Markers on Neenah Classic Crest 110 lb card stock. I tried to print my image on that heavy card stock and my printer wasn't having it! So I changed tactics and chose Canson Mixed Media and Kuretake Gansai watercolors. After I finished painting, my image just looked flat, so to add dimension, I watercolored more portions of the flowers and fussy cut them. I used Tim Holtz Collage Medium to adhere and I carefully placed those cut pieces directly on top leaving some of the image a bit raised and then set aside to dry. I added glossy accents for some shine on my polka dot cup. Finally, I added accents with a white Uniball gel pen and black Micron pen. To bring my card together, I used Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to glue fun foam to the back of my image and then to my card base, Recollection card stock. I love this image and chose to not add a sentiment.



Beverly, your card is gorgeous and I love how that yellow just POPS in such a vibrant way on those greyscale tones. Thank you so much for sharing a little bit about yourself and the powerful gift you received not once, but twice. What a story you must have to share. If you'd like to see more of Beverly's work, it's just a click away at her blog Beverly2hearts.blogspot.com! 

Now my stamping friends, it is your turn to take this color combo for a ride and then link up your creation below! As always, we love to see because we love to choose those that played along to guest host here on the Power Poppy blog from time to time! So, create, link and let us see your handiwork!

We'll be back on Friday with some more good vibes, so be sure to swing by and see what the Bloom Brigade has in store!

~Julie 



2 comments:

Camille Short said...

AWESOME work, Beverly! Love everything about your card. Love the Hues!

CherylQuilts said...

Congratulations, Beverly, on being this week's Guest Designer! What a beautiful card, and I especially love that you've added the extra layer of flowers along with the glaze over the polka dots. It must be even prettier in real life! And what a wonderful story about your life. So thankful that you are a twice heart transplant recipient and that you continue to participate in the swimming event at the games each summer. Bravo for you and all the recipients and the heroes! You are continuing to bless many! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week! Hugs! xoxo