Wednesday

Natural Wonders Collection previews: Chrysanthemum XL



Good day to you! Welcome to a four-day unfurling of our latest visual feast. This group of stamps — and a few coordinating dies — is nothing short of FUN. Some are almost addictive to color and come up with new palette possibilities. Here’s a little more about how the collection was conceived...


Natural Wonders Collection
Every time we wander outside, there’s the opportunity to experience natural beauty. Whether walking in your neighborhood or taking a trip across the country. My newest stamp designs are an exploration and celebration of some of my favorite plants, personally selected with the colorist in mind, and especially perfect for fall. Whether it’s the rosy orange hue on a pumpkin, or the detailed purple venation of ornamental kale, there is so much to delight your pencil, paintbrush, or marker-clad fingers. You’ll see a few familiar images from favorite digis, presented in a great size for stamping with new sentiments.

There are coordinating dies for a few sets, too! 
If you wait until release day, September 15 to order, we’ll have a special discount for you...

---------------------------------------------------

Today is a special introduction to kick things off... I’m going to get right to it, as I think our lil graphic here speaks for itself....



Introducing Chrysanthemum XL

With a swirly, sweeping design, this is the Mum you’ve been waiting for! Chrysanthemum XL is a large-scale flower, nearly 4” across. The petals reach out, almost tickling the air, and I have to tell you, there is no wrong way to orient this flower. It just looks cool no matter how you use it. When paired with the individual leaves, stem, and petal images, you can create your own scene. But the flower works so well on its own, you may not even need the green stuff! 

Our Bloom Brigade designers have created some truly incredible cards showing off this dynamic flower today, be sure to visit everyone’s blogs so you don’t miss a gorgeous moment...



Enjoy the tour of Chrysanthemum XL, my awesome friends. I hope you envision how you would use this set, putting your personal verve into your cards, and sharing the beauty with a lucky recipient! Come back tomorrow for another set that rocks the natural vibe — but with a look that really speaks to the guys in our lives.

xoxoxo,

44 comments:

Lynne said...

Marcy, you are an amazing artist. I have followed you since your days at Flourishes and never tire of your beautiful designs.

Marcella Hawley said...

Lynne, what a sweetheart you are! Thank you for taking the time to share your warm words with me. And I am honored that you’ve been following my designs since back then!! Thank you for your kind support and know that your note gave me a very happy morning! :)

Lisa said...

Wow!! Mums are some of my favorite flowers and this image is just STUNNING! I can't wait to add this one to my Power Poppy collection!

Dee Earnshaw said...

Love the wonderful coloring on your flower - so dimensional and realistic - love it:)

Joanne Williams said...

My favorite time of year! What a beautiful stamp set. I always look forward to your new releases.

Unknown said...

I've got to have this.....so beautiful.

abhoneyab said...

So beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love these mums and will have to have them. They look so fun to color!!!

Becca Yahrling said...

So very pretty!

Andre M. said...

This floral is glorious on this lovely card. Thanks for the inspiration.

kathy s said...

I love all your images and this is no exception such an awesome flower and I love that you are catering for the colourers out there.

Pauline said...

Gorgeous! Love all PP floral images and this one is a must have! Beautiful stamp set, love the samples.

TheWinstonFamily said...

Beautiful stamp set, love the samples. Thanks for sharing.

tinyfeet said...

Love the color of the mum, definitely makes me think of fall.

cincinnattigirl said...

The moment I saw the Chrysanthemum my fingers itched to get out the paints. It is a beautiful stamp and I love the size.

Cindy said...

Love your charming card!

Cheryl Mize said...

Powerpoppy is the perfect name for your company! The stamped images just jump off the page. They are exciting to look at, and I bet they are even more exciting to work
( I mean PLAY) with!!!

MadeByMeghanK said...

This is just STUNNING! What a beautiful card!

SaraWright said...

I love this flower. So striking! Eye candy all the way!

Gail Hutchinson said...

What a gorgeous Chrysanthemum stamp. The mum in the flower's name is so appropriate because in Australia, this flowers perfectly for Mother's Day.

Diana said...

Wow! That's a gorgeous stamp!!! And your card is stunning! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Stunning, love love love the size. Your leaves are also pretty stellar - and the blooms are incredibly talented - can't wait to see the rest.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Gorgeous! Love how large this design is!

Shona Chambers said...

I love huge flower stamps and this one is stunning, can already imagine watercolouring it!!!!

Tracy said...

So excited for a new Power Poppy release.

Sherrie J. said...

Absolutely gorgeous flower. Fall is my favorite season...and those colors!!! Beautiful.

Debbie said...

This is a beautiful stamp. I love the colors you used too.

Mary Holshouser said...

Have had lots of chrysanthemums in my
gardens through the years. Love them
there and love this one for my
greeting cards. thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Sharon J Chambers said...

WOW this is stunning I so love this image c

Denise Bryant said...

Love this gorgeous Mum! What a beautiful card!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow!!! What a gorgeous card!!! Love the vibrant colours!!!

Alison M said...

Wow, what a gorgeous stamp. I have looked at many but weren't what I was looking for, this one hits the jackpot! Thank you and I'm looking forward to the other stamp releases.

Deborah says...... said...

Love this! Please tell me it is also offered in digi-stamp form.....

Debbie Rumpza said...

Oh my word! That Chrysantemum is simply fabulous!! Would love to have this one in my collection.

SusieScrapper said...

So beautiful! The card is gorgeous, love the colors.

Lucy E. said...

What a gorgeous mum!
I love the fall colors!

Cindy Holmes said...

Gorgeous card with the Chrysanthemum on it! I really love your color choices! I also really like the background and the three different colored button's which match very nicely together!

Jan said...

I Really love the Chrysanthemum. It looks so real. OMG, beautiful job. I wish I could color like that. Sometimes my blending just doesn't turn out.

LOU said...

Stunning card and stamp set! I can’t wait to get it! :)

CherylQuilts said...

Marcy, this is one of my favorite floral images you've done! Wow! I agree that it is versatile and clearly a stunning bloom to color, which I LOVE to do. Just love how beautiful the Bloomies showed off this one! It's a must-have flower and a stunning design, my friend! Love it so much! Hugs and love! xoxo

Dana M said...

Gorgeous! Love the large size of this beautifully designed bloom - fantastic!

Valerija said...

Love this wonderful stamp set. Really stunning!

Cheryl Rigney said...

Such a beautiful Chrysanthemum!!

Robyn Oliver said...

Always holding my breath when Marcella is sharing her new designs... like Lynne I too have a number of Flourishes stamp sets and fell in love with her beautiful artwork then and have to say Power Poppy stamps are my favourite (I'm staying stamps not digital). Chysies bring back memories of mothers' day when we used to wear a white one to church and there'd be vases full on display. Thanks for being so talented Marcella and sharing your love of nature