Tuesday

Sparkle in the Shade



Hello folks! Have we got some fun for you on this Tuesday! I love challenges that are so easy, you really don't even need to think them through -- you just create! Well, today's bit of Creative Confetti that we are throwing up is just as sweet and simple as it comes! Are you ready?


HOW TO PLAY: This one couldn't get much simpler! Create with just one color in many different "shades" - then, add a little sparkle to the final creation!

On to my creation! 



If you visited my blog for World Card Making Day... you've already seen a little snippet of this creation. Click HERE if you want to know where this design started! If you click on over, you'll see how I created that raised and watercolored background. It was also many of YOU that helped me to finalize the design, so thank you!

The fussy cut magnolia image is from the Planning for Magnolias stamp set. This image is one of my all time favorites. Not too long ago, I used it HERE and this time, I loved coloring up this one in shades of blue! After stamping in Memento Tuxedo Black and fussy cutting, I reached for a mix of B and BG Copic Markers. I used B000 and BG11 for the petals, BV20 and BV23 for the center and branches and then BG70 and BG72 for the leaves. 

I should mention the sentiment I used is from Power Poppy's Tweet Tidings stamp set. Yes, it's part of a holiday set but you can use these words all year long in my book! 


And here's a closeup of the sparkle! After I was all done coloring, I added a little shimmer thanks to a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter pen! See?


And that, my friends, is it!

HOW TO PLAY:
  • Create using a monochromatic color scheme... then add sparkle! 
  • Use Power Poppy stamps if you have them, if not, you might win some if you're randomly chosen. Each month, we'll round up all those that play in any of the month’s Creative Confetti challenges, and draw a name from the entries to win a $25 GIFT CODE for the Power Poppy Shop!
  • To enter, link up your creation below, sharing the direct link to your card from your blog, Instagram, or card gallery.
  • Our link will be open all month for you to play along with us! Try one Creative Confetti Challenge or partake in them all for extra chances to win!

So, now it's your turn! When you're done, make sure to link up your creation below so that we can all see! Keep in mind, one lucky stamper will win a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop! The more you play along with us during the month, the better odds you have of being our lucky winner!

Thanks everyone for stopping by and checking out what we've got in store this week! We can't wait to see your "Sparkle in the Shade" creation!


Until next time!
~Julie 
a.k.a The Creative Confetti Thrower





4 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I really like that background idea! Great card!

Patti J said...

Julie, so sorry! I accidentally posted my card to this challenge - it should have gone to the background challenge. Sheesh....I'm so goofy sometimes! LOVE your beautiful card!

Patti J said...

I deleted my card from this linky, and added it to the background challenge linky, and it popped up here again. Not sure what to do! Sorry!

Marcella Hawley said...

Hi Patti! You did it exactly right!! We have one linky for the entire month - which encompasses all four weekly challenges. Sorry that was confusing! LOVE your rosy card!!