Tuesday

Creative Confetti: Just Around the Corner!

Hello Power Poppy fans! It's that time again -- time to throw up that Creative Confetti to see how those colorful pieces fall and inspire you all! This week's challenge is super easy. It's not a stumper! Hehehe! So, get ready to go searching for your favorite image for a little trip.... 


HOW TO PLAY: That's right! You have two choices here -- stamp your image off the corner or, make the corner an accent and use a corner rounder!

I decided to do double duty with this challenge and use both examples in my creation!


I have been eyeing the image from the Power Poppy set So Grateful and really thought for this challenge, it would be perfect. So, after die cutting my main panel, I stamped the image off the top left and bottom right corners using Memento Espresso Truffle Ink. From there, I decided to keep things simple and instead of reaching for my Copics, like I do 99% of the time, I decided to go for a waterbased marker. I did some palette coloring, scribbling the color on a large acrylic block and then picking up and muting the color with a water brush. The fun thing is, you can use a lot of water to create a faint tone and then dry the brush off, pick up color and add shading and deeper tones by just slightly watering down the marker. Here's a peek at the color range I used. And I should point out, these are el cheapo markers that I picked up from Hobby Lobby. They are kind of a knockoff of the Staedtler twin tips but I like them just fine and the set has a great color range as well.


And here's a close up of my image and sentiment. You can see that I did create a yellow watercolor wash around my flowers just to add a little more pizazz! 


And that, my friends, is it! Are you ready to go 'Just Around the Corner?' and join me this week? I sure hope so because 1. I love seeing what you come up with and 2. you could win a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop if you are the random winner drawn at the end of the month! Keep in mind, we run the same linky all month long so play along with me just one week or each week to expand your chances of winning! Soooo... as I love to say... go get those fingers inky! ;-) 

Happy Stamping! 

~Julie
Creative Confetti Thrower





No comments: