Tuesday

Creative Confetti: Tag You're It!

Hi Power Poppy Peeps! If you celebrate this beautiful season, are you ready? Have you made your lists and checked them twice? I have to say, I am about 2/3 of the way there. I am trying to "be still" however and realize that the real reason for the season is so much more important than if I bake cookies or get that one last gift. :-)

Having said that, we all need a "time out" to create, don't we? Well, for this week's challenge, I tried to focus on something small that you could do to 1. get in the spirit and 2. take some coloring time for yourself!



HOW TO PLAY: It's just as simple as the graphic says! Create a gift tag! Now, while my little bit of inspiration below is a Christmas tag, it doesn't have to be! Make one to have on hand for birthdays or any other holiday for that matter. I just knew this was something quick and easy that would still give you some time to create! 

On to my creation! 


I decided, for my tag, to pick up a medium that I don't often gravitate toward  -- watercolor! It's soothing and I love the dreamy feel it creates when your project is all wrapped up. To get started, I picked up the Power Poppy set called Let Your Heart Be Light. I love, love, LOVE those poinsettias!

To create, I have to say I followed some of the same principles that Ally used in THIS tutorial. Now, I don't have Brusho but I did use Distress Inks to both stamp (Vintage Photo) and paint (Barn Door, Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Antique Paper).  I started by stamping in Vintage Photo and then added a wash using Tattered Rose Distress Ink using a water brush. From there, I just added droplets of ink from my reinkers to a palette and diluting the color, gradually built up my color to where I wanted it to be. Now, I don't pretend to be an expert on watercolor. I have a lot still to learn about shading and really controlling the color but, each project is a chance to hone in on that. 

Here's a close up for you! I am kind of a "scribbler" when I watercolor and just let the ink flow where it wants to. Again, stuff I need to work on! ;-) 



Now, it's your turn! Do you have a last minute tag you'd like to create for that special gift or special someone? I hope you play along with me this week because "Tag, You're It!" After you get those fingers inky, remember to link up your creation below. If you play along, you'll be in the running for a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop! 

Thanks for stopping by! I will say that Creative Confetti will be taking a 2-week break to enjoy the holidays. I will go ahead and leave this linky open, just in case you want to revisit any of the challenges we've ushered in this month. And... we'll announce the December winner when we come back January 8th! I hope you have a beautiful holiday with family and make some amazing memories to cherish for years to come!

Blessings & Peace!
~Julie


1 comment:

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, what a gorgeous tag! I love your watercoloring and think yours is FAR better than mine. I still need to work on my techniques. Time. Ha! But truly, I love this stamp set with the poinsettias, and what a gorgeous tag with the two layers! Fabulous Creative Confetti, sweet friend! Hugs and love! xoxo