Tuesday

“Pick” a fruity focal point!


Hello everyone! Are you ready for a fun-filled and -- dare I say -- delicious challenge this week that puts some sweet tasting bits of nature in the spotlight? Let's throw up some Creative Confetti to see how those little artsy bits fall, shall we? 


With the release of 
My Favorite Pair over the weekend, I thought the time was perfect for a fruit-inspired challenge! Don't you think?


HOW TO PLAY: To play along in the Tutti Fruitti Challenge, pick one of your favorite fruit images and.... create! Power Poppy has plenty of inspiration to "pick" from! ;-) To make it super easy, I've listed them for you! Some are digital stamps, which would make it super simple to get your hands on. The others are clear stamp sets that you just might have in your polymer stash! 


DIGITAL STAMPS 

Apples in Season
Berry It
Cherries and Berries
Juicy Strawberries
Lilac & Lemons
My Favorite Pair
Partridge in a Pear Tree
Tea Cake with Strawberries
Wreath: Boxwood & Cranberry 


CLEAR STAMPS

Farmers MarketGo Wild  -  there are berries in that bouquet!

Lilac Time -- check out the lemons!
Tea in the Garden
Tree of Life - that tree is loaded with fruit!


Whew, that's quite a few stamps, huh? Lots to pick from folks -- lots to pick from! 


On to my creation!

I have to be honest, with my work week being as it is, I didn't have time for a full-fledged card but I did have a blast coloring up the latest digital offering from Power Poppy!



I colored up My Favorite Pair using Copic Markers and the no-line version of the digital stamp set. I did kind of get lost in the process and it was divine! I was going to list all the Copic Markers that I used but honestly, I have about 40 on my desk as we speak and they just weren't going to fit in one photo together! After I colored up my image, I did add further definition to the leaves using a dark green Prismacolor colored pencil. I love how it brings out the veins of the leaves and delivers just the right amount of visual punch.



Now because I didn't have time to create a card, you'll have to stay tuned! I hope when the Bloomies come back for our Good Vibe Friday that I'll be in the mix with a card! So, you'll have to swing back to see what this colored up image turned in to. 


So take a trip into the Instant Garden over at Power Poppy or dig into your stamp set stash and pick out a fruity image to create with me this week! If you play along and link up your creation below, you'll be in the running for a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop! So, as I like to say, get those fingers inky (and fruity!) and play along! One more note, our Creative Confetti link goes up at the beginning of the month and stays up all month long, meaning you can link up any one of the challenges for the month of January -- as many times as you like! Fun!


Thanks so much for stopping by! I can't wait to see what you create! 


~Julie 
Creative Confetti Thrower


5 comments:

gold bullion dealer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CherylQuilts said...

Julie, what a gorgeous soon-to-be card you've colored! Love the vibrant and bright colors that "shine" so beautifully! Love the new challenge and think it's a great idea. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this masterpiece! Hugs and love! xoxo

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Your creation is gorgeous Julie, your pears are so shinny.
Thank you so much for sharing.

Neltine said...

What a great challenge! Although I am not such a Fruitti Person, I like the fruitties on my cake :)
So I bought your Lovely digital stamp, with a tasteful cake and strawberries.
I have never had such a big appetite while coloring this stamp haha

Neltine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.