Tuesday

Creative Confetti: A World View


Hello sweet stampers! Are you ready to go on a little trip with me today? Just like Disney says, "It's a small world, after all!"  In light of the little trip our fearless leader, Marcella is on -- did you see she's been in Norway and England ???? -- I thought it would be fun to have a challenge inspired by the colors of the world! Check it out sweet peeps! 



HOW TO PLAY: Simply use the flag of any country as your launching pad for creativity! And, here's the clincher! Don't use your home country as inspiration! Use the flag of someplace you want to visit! Use the flag of one of your ancestors! Use the flag that just... "speaks to you!" Have fun with it and don't forget to share which flag inspired your creation.

ON TO MY INSPIRATION!

Being that Ms. Marce took a little Norwegian adventure, I decided to use Norway as my focus. I was inspired simply by the energy in the photos she posted. I mean, come on! Doesn't she look like she is having an absolute blast?




So, in honor of sweet Marce, here's a peek at the flag of Norway!


Knowing red and blue would be my focal colors, I went a flipping through all my clear and digital stamp sets! I stopped when I found this one --- Flower Bomb  --- a digital stamp set by Power Poppy. It was perfect! Roses are red, Violets are blue. I like the Norway flag, how about you? ;-) 


After printing, I used a stitched circle die to cut out my image and then went hunting for just the right colors of Copic markers! Here's a peek at what I used:

Roses: RV00, R00, R30. R32 R35, R39
Violets: V01, B60, B63, B66
Greenery: YG63, YG67 for Rose Leaves & YG00, YG06, YG17 for Violets

Here's a closeup! You can see that I did add some shading/color around my image and the edge of the die, for that I used R0000, R00 and R01 just for a soft glow. 


Add some fun blue and red decorative paper, a little bit of bling and a fun sentiment from the Power Poppy stamp set Juicy Strawberries (also a digital stamp set)

And that, my friends, is it! So, why don't you join me this week for a little world travel! Get to "Googling" and find that fun flag to inspire your next creation! After you finish up your card, don't forget to link it up using our linky below! Every entry is one more shot at a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop! 



Happy Stamping!
~Julie
a.k.a. The Creative Confetti Thrower! 




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

1 comment:

creatingincolors said...

Your flower bomb card is gorgeous! And yes the photos from Ms. Marce are amazing!