Monday

Inspire Me Monday - You Don't Always Have to Finish It!


Hey all! Jessie here today, with a sneak peek of the new Clear Stamp release coming later this week. Also some of my ramblings.


I started off by stamping out the soon to be released, Big Sexy Blooms stamp set, on some Arches 140lbs hotpress watercolour paper. If you think this set is great, wait till you see what else is coming when peeks start on Wednesday!


I painting in the negative space, so the space where there are no flowers with a light blue colour. That kills off the white space that will not be filled with colour at the end, by using a light blue it will still read as light space between the florals.


It is hard to see here, but I put a super light wash of colour over all the petals in the floral to, again, get rid of the white space and make it easier to build up the layers of colour.


 Those of you that play along in Kathy Racoosin's Daily Colouring Challenge, will understand this one. This card is not complete. You do not have to finish everything in one sitting. This weekend was cray busy. My son had a baseball tournament on Saturday, then we went golfing on Sunday. But I spent about half an hour colouring. And this is what I accomplished1 It is okay that this will take me till Thursday to complete!


You can see how as I add the darker paint near the center of the floral you start seeing the depth of colour. 


After I got all the initial layers of red layered on, I pulled out Moon Glow (Daniel Smith) and put that over top of everything. This will grey out all the colours and mute out the start of the flowers. Then I get to come back in with the reds and bring that colour back.


Layering colours is one of the most import things to achieve the depth of colours I like to have in my floral cards. those initial layers, and the moon glow will shine through the bright reds that are being layered on top.


So this is as far as I got on Sunday. But I hope you enjoyed the little bit of info. And always remember it doesn't have to be finished in one sitting!

Make sure you come back on Wednesday to see what everyone has made for the New Release coming very soon!

Hugs
Jessie



4 comments:

creatingincolors said...

Ooooooo I like!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So gorgeous and I can hardly wait to see how you finish it.

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

It's gorgeous Jessie and I know exactly what you meen when you say you don't always have to finish something. I am also playing along with Kathy and I am colouring the awesome bouwquet of the Rosé all Day didi stamp and I just finished the colouring but want to ad some shadow around it. I started a week ago and hope to finish it this week.
Thanks for sharing this and happy colouring.

Jennifer Hovermale said...

Great start! I love the depth [f color already!! Can't wait to see it finished!!!