Tuesday

Creative Confetti: Out of the Ordinary!


Hello all and happiest of Tuesdays to you! Sorry, this post is up a little late! Gosh, we just rolled into town late last night and to say I have been flying by the seat of my pants since I got home is, well, an understatement! I did, however, kind of hint yesterday at what today's challenge might look like! So, if you joined me HERE for Inspire Me Monday, our Creative Confetti might not be much of a surprise!


To play is simple! Just think a little out of the box and use something out of the ordinary to create your background. Or, use a stamping supply maybe in a way that's not intended? Maybe figure out how to use an acrylic block for something other than holding onto a stamp? There are so many fun things you can try!

As I mentioned, this idea came from my Inspire Me Monday tutorial HERE that was posted yesterday. You can get the step by step insight if you click on over but here's a quick peek at some of what I covered!



I wrapped yarn around a small acrylic block to "stamp" a basketweave background!


I used a star stencil to apply Versamark ink and emboss my stenciled design!


I used a plastic sandwich bag to smoosh different shades of ink on a grey piece of cardstock for a marbled metal look!


I inked up a large scale piece of bubble wrap and pressed it onto some burnt orange cardstock for a mod geometric background. There you have it! Using things that are "out of the ordinary" to make an impact on a handmade creation! Now, it's your turn! And, like I said, I can't wait to see what you come up with! 

Since this is the first Tuesday of the month, we get to have a little extra fun! We get to throw all the names into the virtual hat of those who played along with us during the month of August and see who gets a mini-shopping trip -- a $25 gift code -- to the Power Poppy Shop! 



And that means the winner is.... 

*** Traci Major!!! ***

Traci played along with us for our Free For All week where I challenged you to just use whatever image your little heart desired! And, man, her creation was humming with beauty! 


She used one of Marcella's illustrations from years ago. It's one of my absolute favorites called Humming Along. While that image is long gone from the stamping landscape, Marcy does have THIS illustration called Floribunda that features a beautiful hummingbird and all kinds of flowery foliage. But I digress! I loved the dreamy look Traci created here with the fun background and watercolor washed image. 

Traci, congrats to you! To claim your $25 gift code, all you need to do is email us at bloom@powerpoppy.com. Marcy will get your code right to you! 

Thanks everyone for stopping by today to check out our latest Creative Confetti challenge! Remember, after you create and play along, link up your project using the linky below so we can all see. Every entry is one more shot at a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop! Woo hoo! 

Also, I mentioned this last week! DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA FOR AN UPCOMING CHALLENGE? Email me at juliekoerber@gmail.com and fill me in! If your idea is used, we'll honor you on our blog for the week! Now don't be shy! I can't wait to hear your ideas! We already got a couple of emails and we can't wait to share! 

Until next time,
~Julie 


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

3 comments:

Traci M said...

So I was just doing a check on my favorite blog to see this week’s challenge and thought I was on my own blog as that card looked familiar! Ahh, you can tell I’ve been a fan of Marcella’s artwork for a very long time!! I can’t believe I won and I am beyond excited!! Thank you Julie for keeping the challenges fun and exciting...and to all the Power Poppy team for constantly creating!Thanks also to Marcella for being so generous with her talents!!

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

Congratulations Tracy, I love your beautiful card.

Janis said...

Congratulations to Traci with her beautiful card. So gorgeous!!
Thank you for this fun challenge of making out of the ordinary backgrounds. I used leftover Easter egg dye on mine. :)
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com