Tuesday

Creative Confetti: Small & Sassy!



Hello all and Happy Tuesday!
Gosh, I made it here just in the nick of time, didn't I? It's been a crazy week at the Koerber house, so thanks for waiting for me! How is your New Year going? I hope 2020 is off to a rip roarin' good start for each and every one of you! 

With the new calendar, we have a new creative beginning! Who is ready? I know I am and can't wait to usher in a whole host of new challenges and different ways to spice up our weekly gathering. Get ready for some fun things down the road! Also, be sure to stick around to the end of this post when we unveil who was the winner of our December Creative Confetti Challenge!

Recently, I was in my craft room trying to scale back and organize and I stumbled upon some 4-1/2" square envelopes. They were so cute really. I know, it's an illness when we call an envelope cute but bear with me because those square little envies sparked this challenge! 


HOW TO PLAY:
All you need to do is, just as the graphic suggests, create a card that's smaller than the typical A-2 size, which is 4.25" by 5.5". Anything goes! You can even choose a different shape. Make it square. Use a die-cut to create a circle card, whatever your little heart desires. Just do one thing -- make it small and sassy! ;-) 

On to my creations!


Being that I had a stack of these envelopes, I thought it might be fun to create not one, but a whole set of cards that maybe I could give as a gift. I have a few friends who really love these for birthdays and low and behold, one of them has a birthday coming up! So, winner, winner, chicken dinner!

I started with the digital stamp set by Power Poppy called Forget-Me-Not Heart. I love this image because the flowers are just as sweet as can be and you can color it up in a jiffy. It made creating four of these cards a breeze! I started by opening up the file and used the heart with the sentiment "Thank You" already placed inside. I grabbed my Copic Markers and went to town coloring! All four cards had leaves colored up with YG00, YG23 and YG25. For the flowers below, I used R81, R83 and R85. All centers of the flowers were colored with Y11 and Y17. Then, when all was done, the centers were dabbed with a wee bit of white gel pen, just for a little extra something!


The petals on this card were colored with B60, B63 and B66. Using the blank Forget Me Not Heart, I added different sentiments to each of the remaining cards. For this one, I used the sentiment from the digital stamp set Pure Prairie Bouquet. 


The petals here took on Y02 and Y11 and the sentiment was from Power Poppy's Easy Breezy Coneflower digital stamp set. 


 And this one was colored with BG11, BG13 and BG15. The sentiment was from the Camellias digital stamp set. 


The fun part of creating this little four-card set was that I used four base cards from a set I bought at Michaels that offered up all kinds of colors and patterns in one box set with envelopes. I simply trimmed them all down to create a 4-1/4 by 4-1/4" square -- perfect for my little 4-1/2" envelopes! What I trimmed off the cards, I used as accents on the others. It couldn't have worked out any better! I added some little enamel dots and popped some of the die-cut hearts with foam tape and.. ta-da! I was done! All in all, it only took me a little more than an hour to whip up these four cards and now, I have some on hand for a friend! I will probably make a little coordinating box for these, perfect for gifting!

So, with that little dose of inspiration, it's your turn to create a " Small & Sassy" card and then, when you're done, be sure to link it up using the linky below! Every link during the month of January will be added to our random drawing for a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop! 

So.... without further ado... let's get to that December 
drawing winner, shall we?

After all the names were thrown into the virtual hat, this is the number drawn by Random.org!


That means our lucky stamper is.... (drum roll please!)

**** LINDA PAIDER!!! ****

And, here is a peek at Linda's beautiful creation using Power Poppy's digital stamp set Season of Serenity... just take in the beauty y'all! 


Linda created this clean and classy creation after being inspired by the birds she sees while taking a gander out of her window. Sigh. I love the thought of being able to see a cardinal or two. You are lucky Linda! And your creation is just stunning! You are the lucky winner of our $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop! To claim your prize, all you need to do is email us at bloom@powerpoppy.com and Marcella will go ahead and get your code right to you! Thanks so much for sharing your artistry! 

So, dear happy stampers, it's your turn! Let's see that small and sassy side come out in your creations this week! And, like I said, don't forget to link up your creation below so we can ALL see what you've whipped up! 

Until next time, 


~Julie
Creative Confetti Thrower

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

5 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What cute little cards! In this new year, I am planning on trying to participate in more challenges. Have a good day!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Congratulations Linda, what a gorgeous card!

Great cards Julie, I love the way you made this gorgeous set and think it would be indeed a lovely gift.

Do I understand it correctly that you can put your card in the whole month for the challence or only in the week that your challencethme is and once a month there is a winner?

I hope despite of your crazy week, your New Year is started well.
Thank you for sharing and have a great day.

Julie Koerber said...

Henriette, you can participate in any challenge of January all month long! And feel free to play along multiple times for more chances to win!💕

Julie Koerber said...

Can't wait to see what you create Heidi!

Cynthia said...

Congrats to Linda! Beautiful card. Thanks for the fun new challenge, Julie.