Monday

Inspire Me Monday - Breathe in Life

Hello Power Poppy Fans! Nancy here with this week's edition of Inspire Me Monday. I'm back today with a new coloring video featuring the Breathe In Life Digital Stamp (image also available i the Lavender Clear Stamp Set). Lavender is one of my favorite flowers so I love this image.
Coloring tutorials for metals usually show a straight white line down the center of the object to indicate shine, but I decided that I wanted to make that reflection more fluid so that the can would appear weathered and textured. So I created a shine that zig zags down the center which just felt more realistic than a straight white line. Those flowers are so tiny that I didn't worry about coloring them individually. Instead, I focused on the flower clusters, dotting in color to add some variety to the clusters.

So grab a beverage and get comfortable. It's time to roll the video!



STAMPS

Breathe In Life Digital Stamp Set
Lavender Clear Stamp Set (sentiment)

COPICS

BV20, BV23, BV25 (can); V01, V04, V09 (flowers); YG00, YG03, G46 (leaves); E21, E25 (shadow)

Be sure you check out my Power Poppy coloring videos on YouTube.

Thanks for joining me today! See you again soon!

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I loved watching this video, Nancy. Great idea to make the reflection look staggered and more realistic.

Lagene said...

Gorgeous creation,thanks for the video!

Conniecrafter said...

Wonderful to see it come together! Beautiful!

Rosy Newlun said...

This is just beautiful. I already love lavender so that pulled me in. But your coloring skills are mesmerizing to watch. Thank you for showing how to create a more older tin container. I don't think to do that. 💐

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Gorgeous card Nanacy.I love the idea how you made de can more realistic.
Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous card and the video tutorial.
Have a wonderful week.