Tuesday

Creative Confetti: Sketch It Out

Hello all and happy Tuesday! Being that so many of you love a good sketch, it's time for another one! Are you ready as I reach down into my bag of tricks and throw out this week's Creative Confetti???


HOW TO PLAY: It's as simple as following the sketch below! And, to give you a little creative license, feel free to change shapes or flip the sketch any which way. It's doesn't matter as long as we can "see" the sketch and feel your inspiration! Maybe you want to flip it so that the sentiment flag is more toward the top? Your call! Maybe you want to flip the sketch on its side? You do that! Maybe you want to use a shape other than an oval? Feel free! 

Here's a peek at the sketch!


And here's a look at my creation! 


So, this creation MAY look a little familiar to you if you followed along on my Inspire Me Monday, ways to get inspired tutorial HERE! I showed you all how you can create for those times when inspiration is lacking and one of my tricks was to create a layout ahead of time without actually stamping! See?


I shared how I followed a sketch, gathered up some papers and then, put them in a baggie with everything needed to save for a creative rainy day!


So, I pulled out all the pieces and decided to put them to use and encourage you to do the same by using this very sketch!

For my card, I used a retired set called Prairie Cheer. Sadly, I didn't know it was retired when I chose to create my card! But, if you like this look, there are so many slender florals that Power Poppy has in the shop, you can really create a similar look with stamp sets like:

Asters Abuzz
Black Eyed Susan
Bubbles and Fizz (this would make a cute and different creation!)
Easy Breezy Coneflowers
Graceful Still Life
Lavender Sprigs

And there are so many more to pick from if you just scroll through the Flowers Category on the Power Poppy Shop!

Moving on! I colored up my main image using just a few Copic Markers. I am trying to be more of a minimalist when I color because I think it is just so much easier than layering on color after color. Of course, there are times when the beauty of the art requires it but because this image is so simple and clean, it isn't required for this illustration.



Here's a close up for y'all! Yep, I added Stickles. I swear, I am addicted and have been for 20 plus years! ;-)


The sentiment above is one of my recent favorites. It's from the Cheerful Columbine stamp set, which is currently sold out. Sorry folks! I seem to not be a great enabler today! ;-)

And that, my friends, is it! Want to join me this week? Simply create, post and then link up using the linky below! As we always say, if you get those fingers inky and play along, each and every link is an opportunity to win a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop! Woo Hoo!

Until next time!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments: