Hello all and.... HAPPY WORLD CARD MAKING DAY! Power Poppy has a ton of fun planned to honor this special day! It’s a day for the card making community to unite and celebrate the connection and creativity that is at the very heart of card making!
So, on this day we not only celebrate the hobby we know and love BUT we also say -- join us in the creative effort! And that's why Power Poppy is ushering in a handful of challenges! This is the third challenge. So, if you are just “tuning in” click HERE for the 8AM challenge and HERE for the 10AM challenge!
SO WHAT’S THE NEXT CHALLENGE?
CHOOSE HOPE, THINK PINK!
HOW TO PLAY: During this entire month, we honor our mothers, daughters, sisters, aunties, friends, grandmothers, and all women facing breast cancer. Let’s spark awareness by Thinking PINK on our cards or creations! As a Pink Ribbon Sponsor for Splitcoaststampers’ Hope you Can Cling To Campaign, simply join in on one of the Challenges HERE on SCS this month! Link your creations up there and be sure to share your card creation over on the Power Poppy blog as well!
- Use Power Poppy stamps if you have them, but if you don’t -- now’s your chance to win some!
- Play in all four for a chance at a GRAND PRIZE — THREE Power Poppy stamp sets of your choice!
- Winners of individual challenges will receive their pick of ONE stamp set —OR— THREE digi downloads in the Power Poppy Shop!
- Enter as many times as you like!
- Link your creations on the linky tied to the challenge blog post below
- Use the keyword PPWCMD01 if you load your cards to an outside gallery!
- Mention Power Poppy in YOUR blog post with a link back to the challenge!
- Deadline to enter will be Friday, October 10th at 3PM EST with the winners announced right here on Saturday, October 11th. Winners will be randomly picked!
- Have FUN! (That’s important)
I do want to share a bit of what influenced my creation. Recently, I had the privilege of meeting a lady who fits wigs for women undergoing chemo for breast cancer. She is a vibrant lady and what struck me about her was the fact that she loves to tell women during this difficult time to live it up when picking a wig -- choose a red wig if you’ve always wanted to be a red head or why not give a short and sassy cut a try? Basically, she tells women to live with excitement even in the midst of treatment! I loved how she sees cancer as a “life sentence” -- a time to fight with all you’ve got to live. So, for my card, I wanted to be bold, daring and tell someone else to live with excitement -- and to Breathe in & Breathe out in the process. I chose spunky and bold prints with sass, just like my wig-fitting friend Susan. You can read the full card making details of how I put this creation together HERE!
SO WHY NOT PLAY ALONG???Here’s the fun news! If you play along in this challenge, you can get in on the challenges over at Splitcoast where there are more than $5000 up for grabs in prizes -- FYI, Power Poppy is a Pink Ribbon Prize Sponsor! And, after you link up your creation on SCS, link your creation on this post below to double your chances for a prize! Fun stuff, right?
Some of my fellow “Bloomies” joined in on the fun, so be sure to stop by and see what these fine ladies have up their creative sleeves!
Happy World Card Making Day and we’ll see you back here soon!