Hello all and can I just say -- let the WORLD CARD MAKING DAY fun continue!! Power Poppy is honoring this fun-filled day with a handful of challenges to spark inspiration and to really honor the creativity that is at the very heart of card making!
JOIN US IN THE CREATIVE EFFORT!
We should point out that this is the fourth and final challenge. So, if you are just “tuning in” click HERE for the 8AM challenge, HERE for the 10AM challenge and HERE for the challenge we ushered in at NOON EST!
DRUM ROLL PLEASE FOR..... THE NEXT CHALLENGE?
LET’S GET PERSONAL!
HOW TO PLAY: Look around for some of your favorite things — make them personal — and be inspired! Take a photo of a few of those things and then, see it as a bit of an inspiration challenge — spark a little creativity with the textures, the colors, or even the objects themselves! This one is wide open for interpretation! Not sure about your favorite things? Check out the photo below of a few of Marcella’s favorites! Don't want to use a photo of your OWN things? You can use this photo below for inspriation!
And, here’s what Marcy has to say about a few of her faves!
Ilove to decorate my mantel (for holiday or everyday!) with a mélange of ornaments, natural elements, books, candles, things my kids make, and objects that have meaning to me. I decide on a color scheme (in this case, I was inspired by the platter on the left, painted by my friend, artist Erin Pauken) and then I run all over the house plucking things that go with it!
For my “Let’s Get Personal” Challenge, feel free to use the color scheme of this grouping as a jumping off point (Hot and Cool Pinks, Olive Greens, Faded Aqua, Cream, White) OR take a photo of something personal and meaningful to you and be inspired by those colors or textures!
Our own Leslie Miller decided to be inspired by Marcy’s grouping here! Want to see her fabulous creation using Power Poppy’s brand spanking new Joyful Arrangements set? Here goes!
You can see Leslie picked up on the shades of rose and icy blues and greens. There’s even a pop of tangerine! I love her take on it. Her creation is to die for!! Now creative peeps — it’s your turn!
- Use Power Poppy stamps if you have them, but if you don’t -- now’s your chance to win some!
- Play in all four for a chance at a GRAND PRIZE — THREE Power Poppy stamp sets of your choice!
- Winners of individual challenges will receive their pick of ONE stamp set —OR— THREE digi downloads in the Power Poppy Shop!
- Enter as many times as you like!
- Link your creations on the linky tied to the challenge blog post below
- Use the keyword PPWCMD04 if you load your cards to an outside gallery!
- Mention Power Poppy in YOUR blog post with a link back to the challenge!
- Deadline to enter will be Friday, October 10th at 3PM EST with the winners announced right here on Saturday, October 11th. Winners will be randomly picked!
- Have FUN! (That’s important)
Yours truly joined Leslie in this Let’s Get Personal challenge! Click on our links below to see our cards and all the details... UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL! ;-)
Happy World Card Making Day! We can’t wait to see what YOU create!