Monday

Inspire Me Monday - Congratulations Card

Hello Friends, How are you this Monday? It's  Kathy today and I am excited to be back for another Inspire Me Monday post .... my first for 2017. :)


A few weeks ago I was lucky to be asked to facilitate an engagement proposal. The gentleman had a wonderful scavenger hunt planned for his bride to be but, didn't know how to present his plan to her.  His mom, a friend of mine asked me to help & it was such a joyous time. Once the proposal/scavenger hunt part was all finished I wanted to make a special congratulations card for the newly engaged couple. "The Dream Wedding" stamp set was perfect to celebrate this happy occasion.


 A toast with champagne bubbles, bubbly, sequins and hearts was the celebratory look I was going for.


So many fun elements in this stamp set to work with but, I chose two of the images to stamp a background incorporating a few of the sentiments. An extra Fizz bottle was stamped to color and pop on the card. 


I know I would be adding a heavy weight vellum on top of the background so I didn't need to carefully color the background. To add a subtle touch I outlined the images with a darker warm grey marker. 


Once the images were outlined it was quicker to color the background with a lighter grey. If you color over the outline it softens that harsh darker grey line. Once the background was finished I glued it on some white card stock and trimmed some vellum to soften the background.


Adding glossy accents is always the finishing touch. When I am covering something like this I like to add the glossy to the image... with something slippery underneath like some packaging so the image doesn't stick to paper. (yup this has happened to me) 


 When I was assembling my card I realized my card needed a little more so I stamped the champagne flutes to round out my card panel. I fussy cut them and added some glossy accents.


 Incorporating a die cut can add more dimension and interest to your card and so can some bling. Matte Medium works great and seems to keep those pesky sequins down especially on vellum. 


After coloring some of the hearts pink I glued vellum on top. Some of the hearts I left open. 

Hopefully you picked up a tip or two and we are grateful for your visit today it's always to appreciated. Have a great day! Hugs, Kathy 

12 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wow, what an amazing card!

Allison Cope said...

Totally amazing card Kathy! I always look forward to your Mondays! :) <3

Julie Koerber said...

Fabulous! Fun! Creative! Thanks so much for sharing Kathy -- I so love your completely original creative "take" on things!

Unknown said...

This is super fantastic! Love each and every little detail! Total WOW factor!

Essie said...

Kathy R and Power Poppy--one of my most favorite pairings--kinda like champagne and ... champagne! Gorgeous card!

Camille Short said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

Davi said...

Wow Awesome job on the card!! Very pretty and so so creative! It will become a wonderful keepsake Im sure :)

Marcella Hawley said...

Kathy, it just doesn't get much more INVENTIVE than this... your mind consistently see things in a fresh way, and that is the mark of true creativity. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us here! (And I can't get over all of the how-to steps, I feel that I could actually make this card!) Standing ovation from me!

Marcella Hawley said...

Essie, that made me smile! thank you!! xoxo

Berina RGA said...

Such a beautiful card Kathy!! Love the colors and the shaker!

CherylQuilts said...

Kathy, you are amazing and so creative! I love it! Was just on the phone with a friend (fellow stamper), and we were talking about you and how out-of-the-box creative you are...blows me away. Beautiful and so fabulous! Hugs!

KathyB said...

Wow! Cards like this make me feel like I have a blank imagination! Your work inspires. Thank you!