Friday

The Good Vibe 5


Serving up a big dose of colorful ideas, tips, surprises, and a stamp sale — just for you!

No. 1 


Kathy from the Daily Marker shows you how to alter stamps and create an entire SCENE filled with buzzing insects and multiple flowers in this week’s Inspire Me Monday. It's ideal inspiration for making a card to enter into our June Bug Challenge. 

SPECIAL   Sunflower Power Digital Stamp Set   $3.49

No. 2 


I think this one is pretty self-explanatory. Hop to it, lady.

No. 3 


So you guys, I’ve really not thought of myself as a dog person. But these sweet kids of mine (and that darn man, who is as sweet as they come) have been asking for years to get one. I always say no. I don’t even just say, “No”, it is more like, “NooooOOOOOoooooooo”. Recently I was sitting there thinking about it, as I ran other pet options through my mind (anyone for a backyard chicken coop?) it occurred to me that I had built a wall in my brain about saying no to dogs. Why have I been saying NO? I couldn’t even answer it really. So, yesterday we visited the whole litter, and in three weeks will be picking up our new Corgi puppy! Hanging with the doggies and kids was one of the most unforgettable afternoons I can recall. We can’t wait to bring home our newest family member. Any ideas for names? (He’s the little guy in the center, in Clara’s arms.)

No. 4 


Tis the season for gathering up bouquet upon bouquet from blooming roadsides, garden borders, and even sidewalk cracks. A celebration of simple, breezy flowers, Countryside Bouquet Deluxe clear stamp is on sale for just $11.99 (save $6 off retail) and Countryside Bouquet digital stamp set is just $1.99 (save $4 off retail) Sale ends Sunday at midnight. Learn more about the sets and pick up this super popular bouquet for YOUR budding flower collection.

No. 5 



What a fresh and fun card for a friend! Lots of dimension, layers, loops of ribbon galore — but — somehow it still feels light and airy. A cardmaking triumph! We love how Esther of Shoregirl's Creations added a green dragonfly to her pretty-blue-poppin’ Gerbera Daisies card, just perfect for entering in our JUNE Power & Spark Challenge. Hope you’ll submit a card featuring an insect friend in our June Bug Challenge this month. You could win a $50 Shopping Spree at Power Poppy! Ends on June 30, so, you know, as you read above: Time is now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


Have you been keeping up with our newest addition to Tuesday? Julie Koerber is the hostess of Hues to Use, a weekly color palette ripped from the headlines (well, more like my Instagram feed). The palette might just set your craft table into a whirl of activity.... come see what Julie has in store for us this week, ALONG WITH an announcement on how YOUR WORK may be featured on the Power Poppy blog!


Get ready to see some of the most incredible cards you’re sure to see all week (if not month or year). Featuring our newest digital stamps and a few cherished classics to get you in a bloomin’ good mood!


You make our hearts sing, Bloomies! Thanks for sharing such awesome artistry, I know I’m inspired.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Thank you for coming by the blog today — I was a bit behind in the posting, so now you can read this for your Friday happy hour! A quickie if you came this week looking for our July Instant Garden digital... we have to postpone that one for a wee bit longer, but we’ll be sure to let you know when it’s on the scene and ready to be devoured by your markers!

Keep your eyes peeled for peeks from my ALL NEW upcoming clear stamp collection.... coming in July. I’ve been busy working on so many ideas, I really can’t wait to share them with you! Much love to each of you wonderfully kind, creative, courageous superstars!!

7 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Marcy, I loved Kathy's Inspire Me Monday card and video. She is so talented, and I love listening to her and watching her color. And I LOVE the "time is now" Mighty Affirmation. I sure need to just do it! (A special thanks for that one from me!) And aw, how adore are those pups? I absolutely LOVE the fella in the middle...such beautiful markings and profile. He's going to be a beauty as he grows. Corgis are so adorable and just about the right size for you all. He's going to be one spoiled fella...hehe! Esther's card is beautiful, and I love her colors. Did the rounds of the Bloomies, and they sure made some gorgeous cards! Had a lot of fun, as always! Have a wonderful weekend, and keep cool!! It's hot here, and we are thankful for A/C! Hugs! xoxo

Sheri said...

I would name him Oliver or Henry. Corgi's are sweet little puppies. You will fall in love really fast!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh, Wow! How fun to have my card featured on Friday's Good Vibe! I'm so happy I discovered your blog/store earlier this year. Love the week-end specials you run as well, I'm growing my Power Poppy collection!

creatingincolors said...

I don't know what I like best in this post - the gorgeous cards, or the smiling faces holding adorable puppies. There's no turning back now! You will probably wonder how you ever lived without a puppy. You almost make me want one!

McStamper said...

Oh, I think you made a great decision. How did you wait so long?? I bet the kids come up with a great name. I love the beautiful blue card.

Lenoria said...

Congrats on your new family member! Get lots of chew toys.

Lisa K said...

Congratulations on the Corgi! I owned one once and he was our most favorite of all of the dogs we have ever owned. He was a Pembroke and the ears stood straight up. He even slept on his back with this feet in the air. You will have so much fun with your cute puppy. He is gorgeous!