Monday

Inspire Me Monday - Stamp Altering

Hello Friends, How was your weekend? My name is Kathy and it's my turn for today's Inspire Me Monday post. 


 Do you like to get more milage out of your stamps? I would gamble that most of you have altered a stamp? How about seeing double?  I love the sunflower in the stamp set called "In Praise of Sunflowers" so I decided to spend a little extra time doing a little masking & stamping to create a new larger, taller sunflower for some impact on my card. 


In my video I show you how I lengthened the stem on the sunflower and added another bloom. Click here to watch the video in HD



A bright white water color paper is always my choice and the ink used was Versa Fine black ink. The "Zig Clean Color" brush tip markers worked beautifully to watercolor my card.


 The sunflower was stamped again, cut and popped for more dimension. The sentiment is from the  "Prairie Cheer Stamp" and that sweet little bee is from the same stamp set. 


Adding accents with a white gel pen is usually the way I finish off a card. When my card was completely finished I decided to add a splash of the watered down distress ink that was sitting on my table. 
Thank for your visit today and I hope you picked up a tip or two. Have a great week. Hugs, Kathy

6 comments:

Carol Casavant said...

Beautiful stamp set...and lovely card from Kathy Racoosin...!!😊😊😊

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful card Kathy!! Your coloring is stunning!

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful card and great technique!

Anonymous said...

Love the card and the idea!

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, what a fun video by Kathy! I always love watching her videos and listening to how she designs and colors! And her card is stunning! I love the watercolored background and really need to try that myself! Stunning! Hugs! xoxo

Wendy said...

What a great place this is to go for therapeutic nourishment!! The only way this could be better is if I were sitting in the shade of the apple tree surrounded by amazing gardens <3 (I have wireless, I think I'll go right now!!) Thank you Marcella & Kathy!