Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Cut down your coloring time


Hello Friends! How are you all? My name is Kathy Racoosin from The Daily Marker and I LOVE To color but, often I run short on time or I need a quick card. 

Have you ever seen a detailed stamp that you are in love with but, didn't have the time to color it? Hopefully after today you might be able to think twice about coloring that detailed stamp. 


This Santa stamp called, "Flowering Santa" is so magical and brings the magic of the season to a card. It's beautiful and spectacular but, it can take a little time coloring it.... that is if your want to fully color it. :)

Note: Pick up Flowering Santa for only $14.99 — save over $3 for a limited time!

Cut your coloring time in half by coloring over parts of a stamp and adding highlights with pencils or like my friends from the UK and Canada say, "Pencil Crayons" lol. 


Blue Memento ink was sitting on my desk so I decided to stamp this awesome image with it but, any color would work. 


Cutting off part of this beautiful Santa pains me but, it's essential when you want to cut the coloring time in half. Adding a layer of color with some alcohol markers saves time too. 


Filling in part of the beard with a solid color will save me time in the long run. With that said I can't wait to color ALL of this Santa with all it's personality and glory when a quick card isn't a must. 


Adding lines of color with a colored pencil.... a sharp colored pencil.  I have been traveling a lot with the Chameleon pencils and really enjoy using them.  


Following the lines in the illustration ... like I did on the hair just needs some highlights and that's it. 


Adding more cheek color on top of that first layer of copic markers. If you compare the two images you see more warmth in the face and those cheeks that the pencils add easily. 


Love this sentiment and I stamped it with Vera Mark black ink. 


Using a 0.03 Copic super fine tip marker to add small lines to highlight and accent certain areas especially the eyes & lashes. A white gel pen added some interest in the parts that I didn't color to save time. 


Glossy accents were added to the specs. 
I hope you find a little time to color a beautifully detailed stamp like this one without a big time investment.  
Thanks for your visit today and I hope you find the magic of the season in your daily grind. 
Hugs, Kathy

14 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Amazing!

Marianne said...

Fun!

Mary Holshouser said...

thanks for the tips.
I have him out on my table
to work on. You've made
it a bit easier to color.

Kathy said...

Yay I love hearing that Mary. I love him so much but, time doesn't always permit. Have fun :)

Kathy said...

Thanks sooo much Sandra :)

Kathy said...

You are so sweet Heidi! Thank YOU :)

Kathy said...

Aww thanks so much Marianne :)

~amy~ said...

WOWZA. This is awesome and thank you for the tips.

Anonymous said...

This is so cool, Kathy you always amaze me, your talent never ends!!I even showed this to my hubby I just thought it was so beautiful. Tracey Magner

Kathy said...

Hi Amy!! Thank you ... you are a sweetheart :)

Kathy said...

Thanks Tracey!! I think it's kinda cool you showed your hubby. Hugs :)

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Kathy, I love this jolly Santa, and what a great way to color him up more quickly! I love the idea of coloring in some areas and then highlight-coloring certain areas like his hair, face...and those eyes! And I love how you've colored the flower and then added some white dots in his beard to make up for not coloring it all. Love how striking it is...and those eyes! Hehe! Love how you've highlighted them and glossed his glasses. Those cheeks are darling too! Love it all, and thanks again for your inspiration! You always make me smile. And I love my Chameleon pencils too...thanks for enabling me! Haha! Hugs!

craftytreen said...

I hardly ever do santa stamps for some reason. This one drop dead gorgeous! hugs, treen

Mary Holshouser said...

Just submitted my entry to the PowerPoppy 12 days challenge.
https://www.facebook.com/172373086143577/photos/a.526444090736473.1073741827.172373086143577/1567519139962291/?type=3&theater take care.