Tuesday

Icy Blue Hues to Use


Hello all and happy Tuesday! Hope your week is off to a wonderfully creative start! We have another colorific treat for you all! Why? Well, each and every Tuesday, we have another edition of...


So, just in case you were wondering the background story behind this week's hues, here goes! Last summer, Marcy packed up the mini-van, grabbed the kiddos and took them on an excellent adventure to our nation's capital. They saw all kinds of sights in the area and this was a shot she snapped of one of the gated entrances to the U.S. Senate office buildings. In Ms. Marce's words? "Patina perfection!" I happen to agree and that's why I decided this little photo needed to be in the spotlight this week! These icy blues are perfect hues for this time of year! 

And, we have the perfect guest to help us put these colors into play! This fine lady plays along with us every now and then both on Hues to Use and on the Power & Spark Challenges. We've known her work for quite some time. So, this was super fun to get to know HER a little bit better too! Let's give a warm welcome to.... 


"Hello Power Poppy Peeps!  My name is Misti. I’ve been married just over 20 years & we have 2 boys.  Our boys are competitive Recurve Archers with their sights set on making an Olympic team.  They keep us busy with practice, training & competitions. I started stamping as a way to save money on cards! My hubby has been very supportive of my addiction, even helped make our stamped wedding invitations!



I chose Power Poppy's digi image "Let's Chill" for this week's Hues to Use.  I'm already thinking about mailing out holiday cards, so I went into this card thinking CAS & flat. I only colored the parts of the image that matched the color combo.  I added a dry embossed snowflake white panel & punched out a snowflake to add as an embellishment.   

I went with a striped designer paper piece to match the stripes in the snowman's scarf & hat. After I taped everything down the way I wanted it,  putting the image panel off center, I added white Nuvo Crystal Drops as snow on the hat & branches & added Wink of Stella glitter pen around the snowman for some glitter accents.  It doesn't show up very well in the picture, but it helps to add a little pizzaz to this flat, simple card.  I'm thinking I might need to make several more of these, I'm sooooo behind on the cards I need to make!!! 

Thanks for joining me! I am honored to be this week's guest of Hues to Use. I can’t wait to see what you create with this gorgeous color combo!  


And Misti, we can't wait either! Don't you all love the clean and classy design Misti shared this week? I sure do! I love that we have some extra inspiration for mailing this holiday season too! Now my sweet stamping friends, it is YOUR turn to give this color combo a whirl! While we post a new color combo each week, this is a never-ending challenge, meaning you can link up your creation any ole time you like! And, keep in mind, the weekly link list is how we choose our future guest designers. So, get those fingers inky and share your creation with the linky! ;-)


Have a good rest of your week!
~Julie


6 comments:

Berina RGA said...

Such a pretty color combo!! Beautiful card Misti!! I love the cute snowman!!

Esther Asbury said...

Your lovely card definitely makes me think of winter's chill! Love all the white!

Lee said...

Gorgeous! Misti is amazing and talented and I'm thrilled for her!

CherylQuilts said...

Congratulations, Misti! What a beautiful photo of you, and I loved reading your bio! How sweet that your hubby even helped make your wedding invitations. Now that's a keeper! What a sweet card with these colors, and they were perfect for this sweet snowman! I love your coloring and the beautiful layout, and you always add such great DP and perfect texture with the embossing and that sweet snowflake! Perfection! Way to go!! Hugs!

stampingbowd said...

Congratulations, Misti!!!! You created a gorgeous card for this week! I love the minty green! A beautiful CAS card!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's a great color combo, perfect for winter.