Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Get That Glow!






Howdy all!  Welcome to another Inspire Me Monday.  I'm your hostess Allison Cope and today I’m going to be working my glow, girl!

Actually I’m going to be sharing my coloring process of added a glow to the beautiful Hellebore flowers from the Hellebore & Hyacinth stamp set.  I’m going to be coloring with Copic Markers and then added some detail using some Polychromos Pencils.

Come and join me at my crafty desk…  I sure hope you have grabbed a beverage of choice because this one is a little longer than one of my normal videos.  Enjoy...


Thanks for joining me today.  Here’s another quick look at my finished card.  I finished off the glass vase and the shadow on the ground off camera.


Here is the list of Copic Markers and the Polychromos Pencils I used for the entire card’s focal image…

Thanks for joining me today.  I hope you’ve enjoyed my tutorial and it inspires you to add a glow to your next project!

~ Allison Cope ~



stampsPower Poppy (Hellebore & Hyacinth)
cardstock:  Bee Company (Marker Paper), Recollections (110# White)
inks: Memento (London Fog), Copic Markers, Polychromos Pencils, Catherine Pooler Designs (Melon Ice, It’s a Girl, Party Dress, Royal Treatment, Black Jack)
dies: My Favorite Things (Stitched Rectangles)
stencil:  Altenew (Halftone Stencil

8 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Wow! Ally, you are amazing, and I really enjoyed watching your video in "real time" as you just color and let it all happen! What glow you've created, and I really enjoyed how you started and then finished perfectly with the pencils even adding the finest of lines for the vein-like lines in the leaves and petals! Stunning card!! Thank you so much for inspiring me today and especially for giving me a break after a terrible day!! Hugs and love! xoxo

Lisa said...

Beautiful card!

You brought out the C7 for the shadows and I got scared LOL I always feel like I'm going to screw things up when I try and use the dark grays.

Camille Short said...

I love the bright hues of your beautiful flowers! So pretty!

Barbara said...

Ally, you have really given us some great hints. This may be a tall mountain for me to climb, but I will give it a try. Your creation is fabulous.

Barbara said...

Ok, I did it! It was easy with your instructions. Well, maybe not easy but certainly achievable. I entered it in the Creative Confetti.

Helen said...

Thanks for sharing this video, Allison. Watching you create this beautiful card has given me the courage to try a more bold approach to my coloring.

Pam from Maine said...

Really loved seeing how you are so daring with your shading. I will definitely try this. You do such a great job! Thank you for sharing.

Crafting with Darcy said...

This is beyond gorgeous!! Wow!