Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Coloring with Embossing Powders



Hello everyone!  Welcome to Inspire Me Monday here at Power Poppy.  I’m Allison Cope and I’m here to share a fun video on how to color with embossing powders with you today.

Today I’m featuring the festive floral bouquet stamp set, “Winter Wonderland”. And if you want this stunning image ASAP, you can always purchase the “Ultimate Poinsettia” ~ the same image as a digital version!

Come and join me in my craftroom and I’ll show you how to color with embossing powders…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dPSj01SFGs

Here’s a few close ups of the card so you can see the powder details and all the shimmer and shine!


Here are some extreme close ups...




Thanks for joining me today!  I hope I’ve inspired you to pull out some of those shiny embossing powders and get coloring!  Happy creating!

~ Ally ~


stamps: Power Poppy (Winter Wonderland)
embossing powders: WOW (Turkish Nights), ZING! (Powder), Stampendous! (Red Tinsel, Detail Copper, Kaleidoscope)
inks: Karftin’ Kimmie Stamps (Marvelous Mocha), Copic Markers, Copic Blending Solution
patterned papers: Lawn Fawn (Knit Picky 6x6)
cardstock: Recollections (110# White)

12 comments:

Distinctively Diana said...

This is so beautiful!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Really pretty!

Donna Oates said...

Gorgeous deep red!

San said...

I watched the helpful video and plan on doing this on something I will be doing soon. The way you colored the poinsettia made it look beautiful. You're very creatively talented. Thanks so much for the share.

Donna W said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Chark said...

love,love,love!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your project is so inspiring!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Ally, you are amazing! I absolutely LOVED watching the video and love how creative and daring you are!!! LOL! You are so far and above creative, and I love how courageous you are to do live videos and show us that experimenting is good and that we can do it. You truly inspire me so much, and the end result of this card is exquisite and so amazing...beautiful and more! And I loved how Marley tried to steal the show -- but didn't! Hehe! The card won! LOL! Hugs and love, sweet friend!

Camille Short said...

Wonderful video! Since I've been using digital images, I haven't been motivated much to pull out my embossing powders - that changes today! Thanks!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Wow this is so gorgeous, thank you very much for this great inspiration Ally.

Helen said...

Thanks for sharing a technique that's new to me...never thought to color with the embossing powder. Your video of the process is so helpful.

Carol said...


What a wonderful, informative video. I feel like I've learned something brand new.
Your step by step video was just what I needed. Thank you so much.