Hi-dee Ho Sweet Power Poppy Fans! It's Friday and I have to tell you, it's been a few weeks since we've thrown a handful of good vibes your way. So, I think I know the answer to the question, "Are you ready?" I know I am! Did you have a beautiful holiday and are you looking forward to ringing in the New Year? At Power Poppy, we sure are! And so, let's throw this last little bit of eye candy your way for 2018 to inspire you all as we step into a brand new calendar full of creativity!
1. Candy Crush! This creation by Lori Johnson took my breath away. I mean, come on! Look at the depth she created in this little duo of candy canes? And that plaid on the bow? I mean, really! Lori, you killed it girl! If you want to give this illustration a try with your own special twist of artistry, all you need to do is click HERE to pick up and download your own Candy Cane Classic! Christmas might be over but Candy Canes are always en vogue! ;-)
2. For the Love of Foil! Kelly Rix just discovered a wonder with digi stamps and we thought her results were so awesome, we had to share! Check out THIS creation! She used the Chickadee in Barberry digital stamp and discovered that if you print using a laser printer -- you can foil it! Just in case you want to get in the know on this fabulous technique, click HERE for a whole slew of tutorials on the Power Poppy blog about adding a splash of foil a.k.a. razzle dazzle to your cards and creations!
3. An Attitude of Gratitude This time of year it seems we need an abundance of "thank you" notes to have on hand. While Kathy Jones created this thank you for the 100th Anniversary of Armistice Day -- a day to reflect on the sacrifice of so many called to fight for their countries -- I thought her design was so classic and beautiful. I love the stenciled backdrop and who doesn't just find their jaws dropping with Kathy's Copic coloring? I thought it was a great bit of inspiration for the sea of thank you notes that, if you're anything like me, probably need to start making soon!
4. Fur Real! A few weeks ago, we shared some well wishes for the talented Ms. Amy Shulke, who is recovering from an arm injury. It was so bad, it sidelined her online classes for a bit! We hope she's feeling better! Thankfully, her next class is on the calendar for January 18th.You can check it out HERE using Power Poppy's digital stamp Christmas Corgi and learn some mad skills on how to color up animal fur. If you can't make the class, Amy has some AMAZING tips on how to color animals realistically in her blog post HERE. She also kindly tells us all what to look for in an animal stamp, before we buy, to get the best possible coloring results!
5. Thanks for the 2018 Memories! I know I speak for Marcella when I say "Thank You!" to all of our fabulous Power Poppy Customers. You wow us on a regular basis with the things you do with Marcella's images. I know for a fact, she is 100% giddy whenever she sees your creative takes on things! We want to thank you, our wonderful customers for making this year --- and every year for that matter -- so fulfilling for all of us! Cheers to you in 2019! We can't wait to see the creative boundaries you'll break through this coming year! Can't wait!
This is normally part of the post where I share some of the wonderful links to our beloved Bloomies so that they can show off their works of art that they whipped up during the week. I am so glad to be able to say that they are taking some time off to be with loved ones and make some memories! They will all be back soon! Promise! Just so you know -- Inspire Me Monday is taking a creative hiatus until the first full week of January and our Creative Confetti Challenge will be back January 8th! So hold tight and know we....
WISH YOU A WONDERFULLY HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Until we meet again in 2019! Blessings to you and yours!