Friday

Enchanted Garden Day 3: Strong and Beautiful


Day 3 of peeks is in full effect.
Let’s really blow the lid off things with a powerfully eye-catching floral, shall we?


When you select a stamp from your stash, do you think about what sensibilities that flower evokes? In my illustrated arrangements, I aim to combine flowers that have a meaningful AND beautiful effect. A uniqueness and harmony. An opportunity for challenge and learning. Nothing is just thrown together around here. (Oh, if I could only just throw things together, life would be easier!) Today’s new stamp preview is called Strong and Beautiful, and I feel those words spill from the petals and fronds in this bouquet. 


An uplifting, empowering tree peony unfurls with glorious hurrah. Above is a luxurious Chinese cultivar in my garden that bursts into bloom early each spring, and seems to tell all the other flowers in the garden to get with the program. Hellebores (also called Lenten Roses) are ALL THE RAGE right now in the horticultural world with their intense colors, unusual veining, sturdy petals, and sizzlingly cool centers. What a fun foil for that big peony! A fresh green fern reaches upwards as if raising an arm in celebration: “I got this!” Dancing bluebells twist to and fro... they just want everyone to have a good time.


Introducing Strong and Beautiful

If this image looks mildly familiar, that’s because is offered in another configuration in my digital download, “Bowl of Beauty”. For the clear stamp version, I’ve simplified the bouquet a bit, moved things around to create a sweeping arch, and given you a Hellebore and Fern as individual stamps, so you can create simpler cards, too. 

But the sentiments really tie this whole set together. “How Strong and Beautiful You Are” is one of my favorite sentiments we’ve ever offered. I think it pairs really well with this strong and beautiful floral showpiece. There are several other sentiments in this set, each with a few words that you can color in to coordinate with your card.

-------------------

Once again, we are totally BLESSED to have an awesome group of talent helping to showcase Strong and Beautiful. Ladies, I turn it over to you:







What a stimulating trip through the blogs, wowwww! But if you think we’re anywhere close to finished sharing cool stuff, girl, you have to come back tomorrow and see what else is popping!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful combination of flowers and yes, that sentiment is fabulous!!

Jane Crisci said...

Love your floral arrangements! Not only are they gorgeous, but saves so much time so we do not have to mask. I also love reading your descriptions of your designs. My heart does a pitterpat with each romantic detail and I can google images of each type of flower for authentic color combos.

Camille Short said...

Great inspiration!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Ohh my Marcella, I loved the previous days but I think this day is my favorite because of this stunning stamp set.
Thank you for this great design I am off now to see the beautiful examples made by your talented design team members.