Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Spotlight Card Using a Back Ground Stamp

Howdy all!  Welcome to Inspire Me Monday here at Power Poppy!  I’m Allison Cope and I’m your hostess this week!

Today I thought I’d using the spotlight technique to create a card with.  All the spotlight technique is, is highlighting one spot on your card… this can be done by cutting a shape from your image and only colouring in that shape… or just colouring one object within your image… and that’s what I’m going to do today!

I’ve chosen the glorious “Big Sexy Blooms” back ground stamp to use. Since I am using a water based medium, ZIG Clean Colour Real Brush Markers, I have chosen to stamp with my Versafine “Black Onyx” ink.

I chose the one large bloom to highlight along the bottom left edge, so that the image I coloured and and popped up using foam adhesive.


I also chose to use the lovely “It’s Your Day” sentiment from the “Strong and Beautiful” stamp set to accompany my blooms.

Come and check out this really easy way to create a card…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krho9jsuAFg&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for joining me today!  I hope this inspires you to pull out your back ground stamps and create a spotlight area of colour!

~ Ally ~


stamps: Power Poppy (Big Sexy Blooms, Strong and Beautiful)
cardstock: Strathmore (Smooth Bristol White)
ink: Versafine (Black Onyx), ZIG Clean Colour Real Brush Markers
patterned paper: Pink & Main (Frosty 6x6)
dots: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps (Underwater Dots)

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

This is very striking, Ally!