Tuesday

Creative Confetti: Time to Sketch it Out!


Hello all and Happy Tuesday! Hope your week is off to a great start! Because we all love a good sketch every now and then, I thought I'd dig through to find one of my favorite cards recently and make it the center of a brand new sketch for Creative Confetti! So, are you ready sweet peeps?



HOW TO PLAY: It's as easy as using the sketch below! Use it as your inspiration and share your creation using the linky below! Here's the fun part -- you can flip the sketch any which way. Use it upside down, on its side, the world is your oyster! You can also use any shape -- no need to stick with an oval! Simply use the sketch as a launching point! If you want to stick to the basic sketch, that's perfect too. That's why I love sketches, it takes the guesswork out of creating!

On to my creation!


I should mention, this was a card I made last fall for World Cardmaking Day. While I created it a few months back, I loved this layout and through it would make a great sketch challenge. 

For my card, I downloaded one of Power Poppy's digital images called Dazzling Display! Some of these images were well-loved in the Power Poppy clear set called So Grateful. I absolutely adore these illustrations! I decided to blow up the dahlia image, change the color to burnt orange and then print on a piece of orange dotted decorative paper to create my own bit of coordinating decorative paper. Then, I pulled the corner image into Photoshop Elements and used two of them to form an oval shape that I later die cut using a stitched oval die. I colored it all up with Copic markers, accenting with a bit of white gel pen!

I should mention that the sentiment was stamped using Nautical Navy Memento ink and adorned with two little enamel dots. Because I wanted a linear sentiment, I stamped this one from the Olive and Oak Expanded clear set.



And that, my friends, is it! An easy peasy sketch that you can flip, twist, turn and make using whatever shape you like! So, now it's your turn! Let's see you "Sketch it Out!" Don't forget to link up your creation below so we can ALL see what you've whipped up and you'll be entered into our monthly drawing for a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop

Until next time! 

~Julie
Creative Confetti Thrower

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

3 comments:

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Gorgeous card Julie. I love that you made that aweosme orange background paper. Great sketch.
Thank you for sharing and have a great week.

Janis said...

Great sketch and beautiful card, Julie! Love your gorgeous coloring and that wonderful floral image.
Thank you for the inspiration and challenge.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous card Julie, love the colour combination -beautifully coloured too, Robyn