Monday

Inspire Me Monday - Think Spring!

Hello Power Poppy Fans! Nancy Sheads here with the latest edition of Inspire Me Monday. It's only mid-January but I'm ready it to be spring -- spring weather, more daylight, and best of all - spring flowers. The weatherman tells me that I should brace for more winter weather, but I'm in denial. So I browsed through my collection of digital images and settled on one that is nothing less than a breath of spring air!

For today's project, I've created a coloring video featuring Power Poppy's Spring Border One Digital Stamp Set. The set includes a border image, sentiments, and individual images of daffodils, cowslips and tulips.



The cowslip image is a personal favorite. I colored it once before when the digital set was first released, but wanted to revisit it with a different color palette. The color map below shows the markers that I chose.

Today's video shows how I colored this image. Off-screen, I printed the image onto Hammermill Color Copy Digital paper. Prior to printing, I adjusted the image so that the black lines were gray and increased the transparency of the image so that the lines were fainter. I wanted to be able to see the lines, but I didn't want heavy black lines to distract from the delicate flowers.

Grab a beverage and settle in!




Once the coloring was completed, I fussy cut the image and mounted it with foam adhesive to the front of the card for added dimension. I added a sentiment from the Strong and Beautiful Clear Stamp Set stamped in Versafine ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.



STAMPS

Spring Borders One Digital Stamp Set 
Strong and Beautiful Clear Stamp Set

COPICS

V01, V04, V06, V09 (flower petals)
YG01, G24 (flower center)
YG03, G24, G46 (leaves)
BV20, BV23 (shadows)

Be sure you check out my Power Poppy coloring videos on YouTube.

Thanks for joining me today! See you again soon!

6 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

So beautiful Nancy! I can't wait to give this color video a try! I love when you share these. It's like a treat to be able to follow along and take your lead!

Jeannean said...

Very pretty!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful. I printed off some images from this set as well last week and started coloring this week. I guess I am thinking Spring too.

Barbara said...

Nancy, You brought Spring into my house today. Beautiful coloring job!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow, Gorgeous coloring and so neat to see it all come together!

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

Gorgeous card and great colouring Nancy.
Thank you so much for the video tutorial and your inspiration, have a great week.