Tuesday

Creative Confetti: Oh Baby!


Hello everyone and happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a smashing start! Today's little challenge is all about the wee ones or future babies in our lives! Every now and then, we need to have a card on hand that helps welcome someone's new bundle of joy into the world and this week's challenge is ALL about that!


HOW TO PLAY: To play along, all you need to do is create with a baby or child in mind! Just that simple! Once you are done with your creation, don't forget to link it up using the linky below. Every entry is one shot at winning a $25 code to the Power Poppy Shop!

On to my creation!


Recently, my mom and I took on a project to put together baby shower in a basket gifts for our local crisis pregnancy center and I thought it would be fun to include a blank card that the staff could sign when they share the gifts. Because Power Poppy's Precious Baby set is so perfect, I just stamped off every image in the set on a piece of white card stock and went to town coloring.

See?

Before I colored them up though, I did die cut and punch out the images so that they would be ready for the front of a card.


And here's a closeup of the little babe! I used Copic markers to color him up and just picked a light and dark version of each color to keep it simple. I also added some Wink of Stella to make the little guy sparkle. I know boy cards don't typically have sparkle but, hey, it's a baby card! We can do that, right? :-) I also added some white gel pen to add a little gleam to his darling little eyes!


And here's a peek at the little sentiment! I think it's perfect!


And while I didn't finish coloring up all of the images, here's a look at one of the other images I stamped, all colored up and ready to go. See, I had to add a little sparkle to this one too!


And here's the last one for now! Later this week, when I have time for a little more creating, I'll get these made into cards and I'll share!


Okay, sweet stamping friends, now it's your turn! Let's see you create with a little child's play in mind -- show us your whimsical creation designed for the pint-sized people in your life! Like I mentioned, each entry gets you a chance at winning a little shopping trip with $25 to spend in the Power Poppy Shop! So... what are you waiting for? Let's see you get those fingers inky!

Until next time!
~Julie 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

4 comments:

Traci M said...

Julie, I love your heart to make baskets for your crisis pregnancy center!! And those colored images are so sweet and perfect and lovely. Thank you for all you do to keep us inspired! I have that set and am going to pull it out and create this week!

creatingincolors said...

I love that stamp set and love the cards you made! You’ve inspired me to get that stamp set out and and make some cards with it. What a kind thing to do for your crisis pregnancy center.

Janis said...

Oh, my goodness, Julie.....THANK YOU, Thank You, thank you for putting together the "baby shower in a baskets" and including handmade cards for your local crisis pregnancy center!! I volunteer at the local one in my area and have been privileged over the years to hand out exactly this type of gift to clients who have just had a baby. You cannot imagine the appreciation we feel as staff to have something like this available for our clients and the joy that the new parent(s) feel as they open these baskets!!! Many of them are in DESPERATE need of these items....and all are reminded that someone out there truly cares about them. Your beautiful cards that you include are icing on the cake. Thank you for your kind and generous heart for others.

Thank you for this lovely challenge. I made a card for a youngster, instead of a baby. May you be blessed this day.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Julie Koerber said...

Thanks ladies for your sweet as sweet can be comments! And Janis, thanks for your story about the women who receive gifts like this! Made me tear up!