Tuesday

Creative Confetti - Let it Snow!

Hello! I am hosting the Creative Confetti Challenge this week and with all the brand new sets just released by Power Poppy, I thought I'd be great so showcase scenes from winter! 

HOW TO PLAY: Create a snowy scene or a winter-inspired project. 

On to my creations! 

I confess that I am using my projects from the new release, because, well, the new release took up a lot of time! And, we may as well get double the fun of looking at it right?


My first card fits the theme perfectly...a snowy scene! With the NEW Cuddle in the Cabin stamp set, creating a snowy scene is so EASY! Just stamp (or print the digital version) and color! 

After I colored the image, I used some white paint to "splatter" the whole project, thus creating a snowy night!


How about a different style of winter scene? I used the images from the NEW Season's Greenings set to create a little scene. I used the digital images of Santa and his wheelbarrow to create this scene. For this version, I give the illusion of snow without actually coloring any snow! I simply created a "blotchy" background with pale blue Copic markers and then added a few white enamel dots to look like snow (or snow balls). When you look at the card, you see a snowy day!


For this card, I again did not actually color snow, but give the illusion of a cold, snowy day with the pale background and the addition of tiny dots of paint. I stamped the bear from the NEW Forest Fellas set and colored him with Copics. He looks like he is standing in the snowy outdoors, doesn't he?


This last project shows another way to portray a winter theme without actually having snow in the scene! I printed the digital versions of the Enchanted Branches: Nativity Angel set and the ornaments from the Enchanted Branches: Woodland set. I colored everything with Copics, then I used various distress inks to create a "frosty" background. I also added some glitter pen and some glitter enamel dots. Your eye sees a winter's day, but...look, no snow! 

I hope you enjoyed my versions of the challenge for this week! If you want to join me and show off some of your Power Poppy Projects, please be sure to share what you come up with by using the linky below! Every entry -- no matter what the week -- is thrown into a virtual hat for our random drawing at the end of the month for a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop! 

Have a great week! I can't wait to see what you create! 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

Traci M said...

I adore all your cards, Gloria!! Your first winter scene is dreamy and evokes peace and belonging. The others are so cute and so creative!! Marcella has put so much imagination into her stamps...and you’ve brought them to life! Thanks so much for the challenge this week.

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Your cards are so beautiful Gloria.
I have enjoyed the new release so much with all the gorgeous cards everyone made that it isn't a punishment to see your beauties again.
Thank you so much for sharing, stay safe and have a wonderful weekend.

Cynthia said...

Beautiful snowy inspiration, Gloria! Bernard Bear is absolutely adorable. Thanks for the fun challenge.