Friday

Inspiring cards to kick off your weekend!

Hello, peeps! Hope you have had a wonderful week so far — did you catch our midweek Get Wool Soon digi stamp introduction? — and are looking forward to seizing the weekend as well. We have a bouquet of creative talent to share with you all today and I just cannot wait! I grabbed a cuppa joe a few days ago and went on the hunt for some of the latest cards using a little Power Poppy goodness. And, boy did I find a treasure trove of inspiration!

LET’S GET TO THIS WEEK’S SHOW & TELL, SHALL WE?


Our first cards are by Jo Ann Danchik, whose recent flurry of Christmas cards on Instagram showcase a gallery of clever ideas (follow her at @jadanchik). She is definitely looking at her stamps with fresh eyes and pairing up images and techniques with a total wow factor. Always, she accompanies her posts with a sweet story and the thoughts behind her ideas. Check out how Jo Ann made a background with Power Poppy’s Frosted Gingerbread border stamp. Pop over to her account to see the full background, and how she mustered up the courage to slice it in TWO to make double the cards.




Elizabeth Zaffarano (follow her at @saffronkingfisher on Instagram) took our own Allison Cope’s lead when creating this sprig of glowing Chinese Lanterns from our Sunny Harvest clear stamp set. Go look at Ally’s original card HERE along with her step-by-step tutorial on how to create this look. While you can see Ally’s influence, Elizabeth definitely put her own spin on the composition with gorgeous results! How sparkly, multi-dimensional, and just outta sight! Incredible work, Elizabeth, we were so excited to see what you’d made.


This last card by Annie Rosenstiel is one where I literally had to pick my jaw up from off of the floor. Armed with the diamond-shaped citrus pomander stamp from Power Poppy’s Spice It Up stamp set, Annie created a background absolutely awash in sunset hues. This alone is awesome (she posted the process photo on Instagram which was impressive to see — follow Annie at @annie.rose.makes.things) but THEN she used the singular pomander image from this set, and added some razzle dazzle by making it into a shaker card! Adding the crinkly ribbon and kraft-paper tag set off the whole thing in rustic, but showy, style. All I can say is... WOW! 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I hope you agree that this was quite the display of artistry this week, loads of ideas to get your motors running for a weekend of crafting! And, guess what? We have more! Some of the finest designers in the land, a.k.a. the Bloom Brigade, are on standby to show you some of what THEY have been up to in their crafty spaces! So, stop by and see....


Don’t forget to get your PINK ON and join us in this month’s...


You can click HERE for all the details! And then, be sure to swing back by for another edition of Inspire Me Monday when Ally Cope hosts and kicks off your creative week with a colorful explosion! See you back here soon!

~Julie

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful, so festive, so creative!

Annie Rose said...

Thanks for sharing my card! :) I can't wait to build my stash of PP stamps to make more!

Elizabeth Zaffarano said...

Wow! I'm in such good company :) I've had my eye on the gingerbread and pomander sets and now I might need to get them, ASAP. So glad you liked my card-- it's for my parents' 46th anniversary.

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards!! So festive!! Congrats ladies!

Jo Ann Danchik said...

Oh my gosh...I don't know how I missed this post! Thank you so much for showcasing my card and my IG account. I simply LOVE PowerPoppy stamps!