Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Light It Up!

Welcome to Inspire Me Monday!  I'm your hostess Allison Cope and today we're going to have some fun with some cool stamped and embossed images and some even more cool LED light kit.

In order for you to better follow along with the steps of this card, I have a video tutorial made up for you today.  This video is a little bit longer than my typical videos but I think in order to see and understand the steps, it was necessary.

Grab a cuppa your favorite beverage and join me at my desk...


I hope you'll take a moment and click the thumbs up on the video to let me know you'd like to see more card making videos just like this one.  Take a moment and leave a comment either here on the blog or over on YouTube.

Here's a final peek at the final card.  I used the amazingly gorgeous Sunny Harvest clear stamp set for my card today.
Copics: BV31, E70, E71, R14, Y11, Y15, Y17, YG01, YG03, YG13, YG17, YG93, YR15

 And here is my card all lit up...

Thanks for joining me here today.  I sure hope you enjoyed the card making process using the fun Chibitronics LED light kit.  If you get a chance to try it, I'd love a link to your project!

Have a great weekend everyone and happy card making!

~ Allison Cope ~


Stamps: Power Poppy (Sunny Harvest)
Cardstock: Strathmore (Bristol Smooth White Watercolor Paper), Recollections (110# White), My Favorite Things (Vellum), DCWV (Foiled – Copper)
Dies: SugarPea Designs (Stitched Flags), Lawn Fawn (Stitched Rectangles), Spellbinders (A2 Scalloped Borders 1)
Tools: Chibitronics (LED Lights, Copper Tape, Battery)
Embossing Powder: Stampendous! (Copper Detail)
Patterned Papers: Authentique (Gathering 6x6)
Inks: Versamark, Copic Markers

11 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

WOW! Ally, you've really outdone yourself with this Inspire Me Monday project! I am blown away and absolutely want to try these sweet lights! I love the card with them, and what a fabulous video with all the details. And BTW, I love the real-time video so we can see exactly what you are doing -- even when you need to make adjustments. Makes me feel more comfortable knowing what I can expect and how to recover. Haha! Beautifully done, and this is the perfect set for the lights! Hugs and thanks! xoxo

Katie Sims said...

Ally girl, you have outdone yourself here! As beautiful as it is on the screen, I can truly say that it is even more stunning IRL! So excited that I was so fortunate to see this beauty up close! What an amazing tutorial you created....I know when I get brave enough to tackle a project like this, I will be referring back to this often!Sending hugs your way! :)

Unknown said...

OMGosh, Ally! Left some love over at your video on YouTube! This is the most beautifully made card I've ever seen, Sistah!

A.Rose said...

This is amazing! I really want to try the Chibitronics they look so amazing!

Elizabeth Zaffarano said...

The perfect image for a light up card!

Ann said...

Lovely card. I have seen many crafters playing with the Chibitronix but that bug hasn't bit me. This isn't something I would want to make, but receive as a gift. I would rather spend my time coloring. :)

Berina RGA said...

Such a beautiful card Ally!! Thanks for the video!

Rosy Newlun said...

What an outstanding card design using the Chibi lights!!! I love how you lit up the Chinese Lantern flowers!

Donna Phelan said...

YOWZA! How clever and unique! Love this look and your beautiful creation!

Julye said...

A beautiful card and love the effects with the lights now to find where I can buy your clear stamps in the UK so I don't have to wait for the postage delay and mess about with taxes or import duty on top of the rubbish exchange rate. I found the lights but they are £83 for a small pack of the coloured ones so think they will have to hope our exchange rate improves too

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh!! Ally, I'm just getting to see this gorgeous card and video, I'm speechless!!! what an ingenious idea, love it.
I've never heard of this types of lights, how fabulous they are, I must get some, they do not look to complicated to install, your video is perfect.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.