Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Adding Stitching to Your Cards

Hello! Happy Victoria Day to all of my fellow Canadians! I’m Allison Cope and I’m hostess this week for this edition of Inspire Me Monday.

Today I’m going to share a very short tutorial on adding some simple stitching details to your cards.  It’s a simple as a needle and some thread!

Join me at my crafty desk today for my video tutorial…

Here’s another peek at the card featuring the Abundant Petals stamp set. 

I also used a sentiment from the new clear stamp set Cheerful Columbine stamp collection.

Don’t forget to take advantage of the amazing sale on the entire new release… including their coordinating dies!!  Happy shopping!


Thanks for stopping by!  I'd love to hear what you think about my card today.

~ Ally ~

supplies:stamps: Power Poppy (Abundant Petals, Cheerful Columbine)
inks:  Ranger Distress (Antique Linen), Copic Markers, Polychromos Pencils, Versamark, Sakura (Gold Calligrapher Pen)
cardstock: Bee Paper Company (Marker Paper), Recollections (White 110#), MFT (Wild Wisteria, Lavender Fields)

die: MFT (Cross Stitch Rectangle
patterned paper: DCWV(White Cardstock with Foil 6x8)

embossing powder: Stampendous! (Detail White)
other: Sulky (Gold Thread)

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

WOW! Ally, you are amazing, and I love the gold cross-stitching you've done on the background and the stitching on the actual floral arrangement! I have done cross-stitching years ago (and still have all my supplies and linen cloth), and my mom was an expert cross-stitcher who did amazing work! She always loved framing them so beautifully, and I am blessed to have numerous of her pieces of art. Thank you SO much for sharing this technique...I am so inspired and now need to get myself a die. LOVE the card...it's exquisite, and your mom will LOVE it! Hugs and love! xoxo

Camille Short said...

So love this...

Marcella Hawley said...

Ally, this is one of my favorites of yours.... it just hits all the sweet spots... vintage, but modern, glittery but rustic... the color palette is too beautiful, and your talent at coloring goes without saying. But I'll say it again anyway: YOU ROCK!