Monday

Inspire Me Monday - Change Up Your Holiday Color Palette!


Hello Power Poppy Fans! I'm Nancy Sheads from the Bloom Brigade here with this week's edition of Inspire Me Monday.

 


For today's project, I have a holiday card featuring Power Poppy's Bough Wow Wow clear stamp set.  If digital images are your thing, Power Poppy has you covered! This image is also available in digital format as Mittens and Merriment

What's your favorite holiday color combination? I like non-traditional color schemes for holiday cards, although the combination of teal blue with red and/or pink has become so popular that it's become a common holiday palette as well. But the color combination is one of my favorites and I've been using it a lot for this season's holiday cards.

I started by stamping the image with Amalgam Ink in Obsidian by Gina K. Designs on Hammermill Color Copy Digital Cover. Although this ink is Copic compatible, make sure that it is completely dry before you start coloring so that it doesn't smear on your page or rub off on your marker nib.

This image is really easy to color and the finish results pack a lot of punch. I've added a coloring video to show just how simple it can be. The markers I used are listed at the bottom of the page.

After coloring the image, I rummaged through my stash of dies to come up with a pair of oval dies that would layer together. I always have a hard time mixing and matching different colors and patterns of design paper, but it happened that I found a doubled sided design paper in my stash where both sides worked together to give me the final result that I wanted.




COPICS USED:

G24, G46 (leaves)
G20, G21 (pom poms)
R24, R37, R59 (heart)
BG11, BG32, BG72, BG75 (ribbon)
BV000, BV00, R37 (snowflake mitten)
BV000, BV00, BG11, BG32, BG72, BG75 (striped mitten)

Thanks for joining me today! See you back here soon!

~ Nancy 


4 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Beautiful!

Julie Koerber said...

Absolutely love this Nancy! I can't wait to ink up this stamp and "color with you!" :-)

Jane Crisci said...

Nancy, This is such a beautiful card! Love the design and your coloring!!!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

What a beautiful card Nancy, gorgeous colours. I love this colour combo for winter cards. Thank you so much for showing your inspiration and have a great week.